PDA

View Full Version : 2003 Wilderness Lodge

disney wendi
04-12-2003, 11:26 AM
Hi everyone,

Can anyone tell me if they have ever stayed at the WL concierge?? We have stayed at the WL twice before, but this time for a treat are staying on concierge level. Just thought if anyone had any info that would be great!!!!

Looking forward to talking with everyone. We are going July 1 through July 8!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks again,

Wendi

imported_PolyGirl40
04-14-2003, 08:41 PM
I'll bump this back up to the top for you. Hopefully someone with firsthand knowledge will be along.

We do have a page in Info Central pertaining to the various resort concierge service. It may help in the meantime.

What in the “World” is Concierge? (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/accomodations/concierge.asp)

BrerGnat
04-15-2003, 10:27 PM
Hi Wendi. Welcome to Intercot!

I stayed in the WL concierge in June 2001 during our honeymoon. It was a great experience. It was the first time either of us had ever stayed on a concierge level, and it was actually a surprise for us. We booked one of the 4 honeymoon rooms at the Lodge, but didn't realize that they were on the concierge level, so we didn't find out until check in. smile.gif

Anyway, I can't say enough good things about the concierge staff. They are all so friendly and will go out of their way to help you out, whether you need a last minute Priority Seating at a restaurant, information about any of the parks, or just ideas on some other things to do around the "World". If there is still a guy named Jack working there, all I can say is that he's the man! He was so good to us, and so friendly too.

Once you arrive, you will stop by the front desk to get a special key that allows you to access the 7th floor, and you will continue your check-in upstairs. The Concierge staff will welcome you and finish checking you in, and help you purchase park passes, if you need them. At that time, they will also fill you in on everything that they can do for you. They will show you where the buffet is located, and will show you to your room.

The buffet is the best part of the concierge! In the morning, from about 7am-10am, they put out cereal (individual boxes), pastries, mini bagels, muffins, fruit, milk, juice, and coffee. There is also sometimes sodas and water, in bottles that you are welcome to take with you to the parks. In the afternoon, around lunchtime, the buffet offers finger sandwiches, various chips, fruit, cookies, and more juice and usually lemonade. There will also be soda and water. Around dinnertime, there is usually samplings of some of the things they serve down at Artist Point (usually a salad or side dish), plus some more cookies, and three kinds of wine (red, blush, and white). After dinner, from around 8-10, they have desserts, which is usually an assortment of cakes, pies, pastries, brownies, cookies, etc, with milk and coffee, plus the wine. In addition, there is a nice selection of cordials, like brandy, cognac, Bailey's, Kahlua, etc. All of this is, of course, included in the price of the concierge rate. There are plates, napkins, and silverware available, so you can easily take food back to your room to eat. In addition, there are small tables (like coffee tables), couches, and armchairs scattered about the hallways on the 7th floor, so you can eat there also.

Again, the staff at the WL concierge is superb! They will amaze you with their ability to remember what you say to them each morning (they'll usually ask where you're headed) and then when you get back many, many, many hours later, they will ask you how your day at (insert park name here) was! They will know you by name instantly, and they'll never forget it.

Anyway, just wanted to let you know that you are in for a treat and you won't regret splurging on the WL concierge. I would do it again in a heartbeat if we could afford it! Have a great time! If you have any more questions about the WL concierge or just the WL (my favorite hotel) in general, feel free to email me. Just click on the little envelope icon near the top of my post!