PDA

View Full Version : Hard Rock Hotel Infor Request

Going_to_Orlando_12/19/01
11-14-2001, 12:30 PM
Hello all,

I'm new to this board but I must say I'm very impressed with the information and the calm demeanor at which everyone communicates. Very refreshing.

I'm planning a trip to Orlando on December 19th for my family (2 adults 45ish and 2 kids 18 & 20) and this may be the last real vacation we have together for a while. I have found a great package deal which includes The Hard Rock Hotel located at Universal but I have not been able to find much many real life experiences on the internet with this hotel.

If anybody have some information about this hotel it would be great.

Off board communication is fine if you want to at [email protected]

Thanks Everyone...!

twistedmickey
11-14-2001, 12:55 PM
The Hard Rock is a great hotel. The lobby is filled with music memorabilia. The views are great and its a 5 min. walk to IOA and Universal Studios. If I dont stay on disney property I stay here. Have a great time. graemlins/clappy.gif

pjbs35a
11-14-2001, 12:59 PM
Going_to_Orlando_12/19/01,

Bonjour et Bienvenue from Louisiana!!! graemlins/muscles.gif
Greetings and Salutations !!!
Glad to have you as an INTERCOTee!!!

Nana
11-14-2001, 03:28 PM
Welcome to Intercot. My hubby wants to stay at Hard Rock also. I have seen some specials for $99.00. We are going down the first week of December and we were planning on leaving Disney on a Friday. Because of commercials my hubby has seen, he wants to stay Friday and maybe Saturday night at Hard Rock. We went to the Hard Rock in Las Vegas and it was really neat. I think the one in Orlando is similar. There is lots of memorabilia all around the hotel. I think it is a good choice. It is a new hotel so it should be clean.

J.C.&ALI'SMOM
11-14-2001, 03:39 PM
We stayed there last feb. and I absolutely love it. Just beautiful! The pool is really something so if you don't swim in it go out and have a look. I would definitely go again. graemlins/thumbsup.gif

mickeyd
11-14-2001, 03:47 PM
graemlins/muscles.gif Welcome to Intercot! graemlins/muscles.gif

I haven't stayed there, but I saw the Hard Rock Hotel being completed when I was lat at Universal poking around City Walk. It is just a 5 min walk to the Univeral parks and next door to the night life of City walk. It looks like a cool place to stay. I thought I read somewhere that there were ferry boats running from the hotel to the parks (I could be wrong) - but this would be pretty cool.

Jennib
11-14-2001, 04:56 PM
Hi Going-to-orlando,
Welcome to Intercot!!!! I saw the Hard Rock this past summer. It is very nice. The pool is awesome and even has music under water! These are some of the features of the hotel:
650 rooms
in-room safe large enough for lap-top computers
2 dual line phones
minibar
desk
seperate bath and vanity area
daily newspaper
rock n roll artwork
entertainment center with CD player
supervised children's center
game room
volleyball

I hope this helps!
graemlins/muscles.gif graemlins/muscles.gif graemlins/muscles.gif

faline
11-14-2001, 09:37 PM
Don't know anything about this hotel but wanted to say - Welcome to Intercot!!! graemlins/clappy.gif graemlins/mickey.gif

Going_to_Orlando_12/19/01
11-15-2001, 02:25 PM
Thanks very much everyone, I feel very comfortable with my choice now....!

This is a great source of information graemlins/clappy.gif

WDW crazy
11-16-2001, 03:26 AM
I have never been in it but I saw it and it looked beautiful. It is very close to Universal City Walk and that is an awesome place to shop, dine and listen to music! I was just there in Oct.
graemlins/muscles.gif graemlins/muscles.gif

mulderxcoltrane
11-18-2001, 04:34 PM
Bradleysnana -
Where did you get the $99/night rate at the Hard Rock? Is there a code? Please tell!

Nana
11-19-2001, 07:48 AM
No code and to be honest, I have not booked it yet. I was calling today. It has been all over the TV advertising the Grinch at Universal and a special rate at Hard Rock for $99.00. I was just going to call and tell them I saw it on TV. Have you tried and were told there was no such rate?

mulderxcoltrane
11-19-2001, 12:04 PM
No--I haven't tried yet--but tell me what happens when you call. Thanks.

msr709
12-13-2001, 04:16 PM
I haven't logged into this site in a while but I have been to HRH this past August and I'm going again Dec. 20 to the 23rd (can you tell I liked it). I got the Loews Member deal for $129 per night, it might not be too late to get this deal, you just need to become a member (which is free) and as soon as you get a number (which is immediately after you fill in the application online) you can make your reservation. Sorry I didn't see this sooner. Hope you can make it, its a great hotel and the location is unbeatable. I timed myself (and I have a bad knee) and its exactly a 5 minute walk to the parks. And by staying onsite you have a permanent express pass which is priceless (IMHO). Have a great trip, maybe I'll see you there, I'm checking in on Thursday night (12/20). graemlins/clappy.gif

spiceypj
12-18-2001, 05:49 PM
this is a wonderful hotel - the Travel Channel did a show on it last night.