PDA

View Full Version : Beaches and Cream

Jeff
11-16-2001, 02:21 PM
Staying at Beach Club Jan. 1 - 5. Have heard people rave about B&C. How about some ideas of what's good there?

gregf71
11-16-2001, 02:37 PM
My wife and I just honeymooned at the BC last month and visited Beaches and Cream many times. For lunch, I had a double cheeseburger and fries, while my wife had a hot dog and fries. Everything was made fresh and tasted wonderful!!

I also enjoyed many of the soda fountain creations, such as their Lime Rickey, cherry coke, and raspberry coke!! All fantastic!!

We also shared a huge banana split one night. It was messy and wonderful!!! Just like a banana split should be!

Definitely go there!!!

graemlins/clappy.gif graemlins/clappy.gif graemlins/clappy.gif

wlodgefan
11-16-2001, 03:58 PM
EVERYTHING! This place is truly wonderful. I've been to B&C many times. My favorite... well, I like the simple stuff like a vanilla malt. That's my favorite. There's no doubt about it though, everything is very good! Try the hamburgers with bacon and cheese for lunch.

JanetMegan
11-16-2001, 04:03 PM
Big chili dog with fries and a HUGE shake!! Man making me hungry!

spiceypj
11-16-2001, 04:15 PM
hamburger and the chocolate milk shake - just 22 days before I can enjoy it again!

HooksLeftHand
11-16-2001, 11:25 PM
If you like your desserts big and crazy, definitely get the Kitchen Sink!

graemlins/party.gif

Rhetoric2000
11-17-2001, 03:42 AM
Don't go just before the change over times in the morning. Notice the closing times . We found there was an atmosphere if staff were trying to work around customers who lingered over there food at change over. B and C could do with extending. The whole area for mug refills and other food is too small at peak times and this was the only place ever where we have encountered rude/miserable CM's on more that one occassion.
Good food , great atmosphere (except at change over)

Dawn
11-17-2001, 03:37 PM
Ice cream sundaes. graemlins/tasty.gif graemlins/tasty.gif graemlins/tasty.gif

It's only a small place so expect to wait for a table - but believe me the ice cream is worth the wait. graemlins/party.gif

MNNHFLTX
11-17-2001, 06:06 PM
Had a wonderful orange/vanilla concoction one night--kind of like a creamsicle shake. graemlins/tasty.gif I can't remember the name of it but I'm sure the CM's would be able to tell what it is!

wendy*darling
11-17-2001, 07:19 PM
Check their hours and see if they are still serving breakfast.

One visit I enjoyed a wonderful breakfast from B&C. They had all sorts of muffins, bagels, breakfast sandwiches, etc. Lots of fresh fruit, yogurt.

The best part was, that I took my breakfast OUT of the restaurant and up to the top deck of the pool area (up over where you rent the inner tubes, etc.).

It was peaceful and beautiful watching the lagoon area come to life in the morning.

[ November 17, 2001: Message edited by: wendy*darling ]</p>

Figment!
11-17-2001, 10:23 PM
I would suggest a Doubble Burger and a root bear float or choclate milk shake graemlins/tasty.gif I could be mistaken but I believe I had some sort of a Resse Cup sundae there, if it was not there it was somewere else on WDW property, I am pretty syre it was there graemlins/crazy.gif

Aw777
11-18-2001, 11:21 AM
Beaches and Cream is great! Try the creamsicle shake (or whatever its called) and chili dog for lunch and banana split for dessert. Great atmosphere and great food. :D

Niamh
11-18-2001, 04:11 PM
We ate at B&C once and it was very good. I think we all got hot dogs. You can get various toppings for the hot dogs too which is nice. The ice cream was great as well. My only complaint is the size. It is WAY to small. It is very crowded and you'll have to wait for a table. My DH and I are planning on trying it again this trip. Does anybody know of any time of day that they aren't overly crowded? The atmosphere is good but you can't really enjoy it with all the people.