PDA

View Full Version : Honeymoon Dinners

DisneyCouple
11-05-2001, 09:15 AM
Well, all of our reservations for meals are squared away except for 1 dinner. I am trying to decide if we should break from the romantic type dinners for one night and just go out and have fun. What do you think:

Night 1: Hoop-Dee-Doo
Night 2: Boma at Animal Kingdom Lodge
Night 3: Rose and Crown for Illuminations
Night 4:
Night 5: California Grill for MK Fireworks
Night 6: O'Hana's for Electric Water Pageant

I am looking for suggestions for our forth night. Whether I should schedule another romantic/Honeymoon type dinner or go out to something like Fulton's Crab House and hit Pleasure Island. We will be going to PI other nights also. Just looking for ideas.

Thanks for your help. 12 days and counting.

------------------

G
11-05-2001, 09:29 AM
I like the Fulton's idea. I have eaten there and really liked it. I always allow one night with no plans. That way we can do what ever we feel like doing at that time.

------------------
(Gail)

GrumpyFan
11-05-2001, 10:27 AM
Well, I would hardly classify Hoop-De-Doo as a romantic dinner. But, I too think Fulton's is a good idea as is The Portobello Yacht Club also at Downtown Disney. Another alternative would be Narcosees at the Grand Floridian. You also might try the Flying Fish at Boardwalk, followed by a stroll on the boardwalk and/or visiting Jelly Rolls or Atlantic Dance.

Best Wishes and Enjoy.

P.S. Get the Mickey/Minnie Bride and Groom hats, you will be envied, oohed and ahhed everywhere you go! It's fabulous and the CM's will give you a little extra special attention!

------------------

MnDloveDisney
11-05-2001, 11:54 AM
How about Spoodles at the Boardwalk? We ate there for dinner last year on our honeymoon, and it was pretty good. Or what about a character dinner-Chef Mickey's maybe?

PS. I agree on the Bride and Groom ears...we wore them everywhere and go some nice perks and attention.

Congrats on your upcoming wedding! http://www.intercot.com/boards/smile.gif

------------------
Visits:
'82,'83,'84,'85,'86,'87,'88,'89,'90,'91,'95
Honeymoon-December 2000 at Port Orleans
2001 Trips:June 2001 - ASTD Conference (sneaking some Disney in between!)
December 2001 - All-Star Music

mattjs
11-05-2001, 12:53 PM
San Angel Inn (Epcot, Mexico) -- Romantic and fun.

Artist Point (WL) -- Excellent food. Big wine list. Wilderness Lodge grounds at night are incredible.

Narcoosees (GF) -- Also tops for food. Great view across water to MK and Contemporary.

Flying Fish (Boardwalk) -- Fun atmosphere. Boardwalk at night is great.

Yachtsman Steakhouse (YC) -- Nice steak, great after dinner walk to boardwalk or Epcot or boat over to MGM.

------------------

[This message has been edited by mattjs (edited November 05, 2001).]

Toughbug
11-06-2001, 09:55 AM
You could go the ultra romantic route and blow the budget at Victoria and Alberts at the Grand Floridian. Or how about room service? You are on your honeymoon.

We like Alfredo's in Epcot on our honeymoon, It was crowded, but the roving musicians were really fun and our table for two was really nice. The waiter helped out when it came to ordering so we got a really nice meal.

If you want something fun, try a character dinner. Chef Mickey's at the Contemporary has gee food and the Fab 5 walk around table to table and meet all the guests.

Congratulations on you upcoming marriage. If yours is half as good as mine, you will be a lucky couple. graemlins/mickey.gif

AmyKane
11-06-2001, 01:45 PM
Here are a couple of my suggestions for your 4th night. If you wanted to stay on the romantic route for dinner I highly recommend Narcoosee’s at the Grand Floridian. My husband and I went there during our honeymoon and it is such a beautiful restaurant set right on the Seven Seas Lagoon. The food is delicious but it is primarily seafood. You have an incredible view of Cinderella’s Castle and if you timed it right, you could see the fireworks as well as the water pageant. If you happen to be at Epcot that evening, then definitely have dinner at San Angel Inn in Mexico. The atmosphere is so romantic and you really feel like you are there. The food is authentic and so good a must try!
Then I have another suggestion – This is a more of a word of mouth and not so romantic, but I hear the Luau Dinner Show at the Polynesian is fun. We were there in August and I had booked it one night, but cancelled last minute because I got sick. I was looking forward to it because I heard so many great recommendations. Maybe you would want to consider that too. Honeymooning at Disney is so magical that no matter what you do it will be unforgettable.

Jeannine
11-08-2001, 08:29 AM
Definitely, try the Artist Point....the WL is very romantic. When are you honeymooning?

bjs6
11-09-2001, 02:17 PM
Unless you live in a city that has a Rainforest Cafe (I don't), a trip to the Rainforest Cafe is a must.

I am going to Houston on business next week and plan on visiting their Rainforsest Cafe. I can almost taste the Mojo Bones already.

ladygabby
11-10-2001, 04:27 PM
Just an FYI...I would switch BOMA to JIKO on Night 2. You can even do it when you get there. We did. We were a couple and saw BOMA was a buffet with a heightened noise level. (Though very good...just not 'couple friendly') JIKO is right beside it and VERY romantic. They are used to couples switching when they get there. No big deal... graemlins/mickey.gif

Dawn
11-12-2001, 08:56 AM
You've got some nice romantic places planned. I would break free of these for the other night and do......Chef Mickey's with bride and groom ears!! If you still need some romantic stuff you could whizz up to the Cal Grill afterwards for a drink in the lounge. ;)

TanyaB
11-12-2001, 03:51 PM
Ah...a romantic honeymoon dinner...
I was in your shoes in July and my husband and I chose Cinderella's Royal Table for our special meal. We timed it so that we got there about 8:30 (i would recommend getting there about 9:00) and we were given a cozy seat beside the window with an amazing view of Fantasyland.
The food was amazing, the service was outstanding and we were extremely pleased with the whole experience.
If you time it right, you'll have a perfect view of the fireworks.

Congratulations on your upcoming marriage!
Tanya graemlins/mickey.gif

DisneyAggies
11-12-2001, 07:56 PM
I'd have to vote with Tanya on Cinderella's Royal Table. My husband and I ate their for our 1st Anniversary dinner in July, (were you there, Tanya?) and watched the fireworks. It was so beautiful. The later you get there, the better (there are fewer kids). Of course we got a kick out of the kids anyway! Congrats and have a blast!! graemlins/mickey.gif graemlins/thumbsup.gif graemlins/mickey.gif

mulderxcoltrane
11-12-2001, 09:11 PM
Two questions:
1) where do we get the bride/groom Mouse ears?
2) What time is the fireworks show at MK? Can you see the fireworks from any seat in Cinderella's Royal Table or do we have to request a certain seat?
If so--what time should we get to the restaurant?
We're going to be there Dec 15 - 23 if that helps for hours. Please help!

MnDloveDisney
11-12-2001, 10:17 PM
<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by mulderxcoltrane:
Two questions:
1) where do we get the bride/groom Mouse ears?
2) What time is the fireworks show at MK? Can you see the fireworks from any seat in Cinderella's Royal Table or do we have to request a certain seat?
If so--what time should we get to the restaurant?
We're going to be there Dec 15 - 23 if that helps for hours. Please help!<hr></blockquote>

You can buy the Bride/Groom ears at the hat shop on Main Street in MK or I also saw them at World of Disney. You can also call Disney Merchandising and order them to be sent to your home, but you may want to do that soon so that you get them in time. My cousin bought ours at World of Disney when she was in Florida prior to our wedding, and then she gave them to us at our rehearsal. We ended up wearing them to the rehearsal dinner and I even wore them on the plane (one of the flight attendants took a picture for us). Anyway, you'll see lots of people wearing them...we sure did!

As for Cinderella's Royal Table, I've only eaten lunch there...beautiful place! You probably will need a window seat to see the fireworks. When you make your PS, make sure you tell the CM that you are celebrating a very special occasion and would like to request a window seat. Then when you check in reiterate this to the CM...that you understand it can't be guaranteed, but you are celebrating a special occasion and would really like a window seat. They should hopefully work some Disney magic for you. I'm not sure about the hours as they are announcing them week by week, but I would imagine the best day to try would be a weekend since fireworks seem to be more definite then. Call WDW Dine and ask if they know what time they will be as you want to try to plan your meal accordingly.

Have a great trip...we'll be there 12/1-8 celebrating our one year anniversary...or our second honeymoon as I like to call it! smile.gif

DisneyAggies
11-13-2001, 05:46 PM
You can get the Bride Minnie and Groom Mickey ears at the hat shop in MK. It is on the right hand side on Main Street. Get 'em and wear 'em! We did and people were super nice and sweet. Total strangers yelling "congratulations!!" How sweet! graemlins/mickey.gif :D graemlins/mickey.gif

mulderxcoltrane
11-14-2001, 11:28 AM
What restaurant is JIKO? What about Boma's--can someone provide a review/price range/type of food??

pipanale
11-14-2001, 04:31 PM
I'd also vote for blowing your wad at Victoria and Albert's. We went there on our honeymoon, and it was great. Though, the whole wine pairing was kinda lost on a then-22 year old beer drinker.

The service and food were tops. I've seldom had a better dining experience. It's really worth it just to say you did it.

But, we warned ou about the bill. Ours ws almost $400.00 for the 2 of us! :eek:

wdwfan
11-14-2001, 05:34 PM
I'd go for some fun and have dinner at Chef Mickey's. The buffet is very good and you can get your pictures taken easily with Mickey, Minnie, Chip & Dale, Goofy & sometimes Donald & Daisy. Make sure to wear thos bride & groom ears.
Dinner at Cinderella's royal table is very nice, but the food is better at Chef Mickey's.
Congratulations on you marriage! graemlins/clappy.gif graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Niamh
11-18-2001, 05:04 PM
I would suggest doing something fun. A character meal is a good idea. I would also suggest maybe playing it by ear. Wait until that morning or during the day to decide what you want to do. You can make PS anytime at most places. We've made PS 30 minutes before we wanted to eat a few times. I know it's your honeymoon but it's still Disney. Congratulations!!

As for the Bride and Groom hats. My Aunt bought ours at the shop in the Grand Floridian. You can buy them at several places.