PDA

View Full Version : Contemporary Tower vs. Garden Wing

tigfan
08-09-2001, 05:39 PM
I am sure this questin has been asked several times, but I couldn't find it on the board.

We are making ressies for October and the difference between the Garden wing and the tower is $75. Is the tower worth the difference? How do the Garden wing rooms compare to the tower rooms? How long is the walk to the tower from the garden wing rooms, and is the walkway to the tower covered?

Thanks!!

------------------

disneydreaming
08-09-2001, 07:55 PM
We have stayed in both and enjoyed ourselves every time. The rooms are basically the same- size,decor etc. One difference however is the balconies. I don't think any of the wing rooms have them although first floor rooms have patios. The feeling you get is different. The tower is 'in the middle of it all' but never noisy in our experience.It's fun to come out of your room and look down on Chef Mickey's and see the monorail glide by. The wings are more secluded but not really any further from the lobby than a tower room - if you figure in walking down the hall and waiting for the elevator. It's a lovely walk past the pool in the morning on the way to breakfast. Being in the wings closest to the MK can make the walk to the MK(and the bus stop) shorter if you are planning to do this.
If you are worried about walking from the wings in hot or wet weather you can walk the length of the wing to the exit closest to the main building and then there is some covering but my memory fails me here as to how much and where. We have also had some luck being upgraded from wing to tower and $75. is $75.
This is getting long but let me just say that you are going to love your stay at the Contemporary. It is my family's favorite. We have stayed at other WDW resorts and it always remains on top.

------------------

emibeck
08-09-2001, 08:50 PM
We stayed in the Tower and loved every minute of it. The balcony at night was great and we used it every night. I can't say enough great things about the Contemporary except I hope I can stay there again.

------------------
Been to WDW 9 times,
10th time coming 9/01

DisneyFreak1
08-10-2001, 03:54 PM
think of it this way.. is it worth $75 for the wonderful view of the MK (or bay lake) and also just looking at the hotel and thinking.. thats where im staying.. not behind it... i think it is, if you can afford it

------------------
DL: '83 - '98 37 times
WDW: PO-FQ 05-20-01 to 05-30-01

shepherdgirl
08-11-2001, 09:49 AM
The rooms are quite large in either the wings or the tower. I think that staying the in wings is more like staying in any hotel -- not much theming. But it is still staying on property and that is really cool. We don't stay in the Contemporary unless we can afford the tower with AP rates. Otherwise, we usually pick the Poly for the theming.

------------------
WDW Trips '76,'80, '81, '83, '91, '94, '95, '96, '97, '00, '01 with AP's!

ElenitaB
08-11-2001, 10:02 AM
I stayed in a wing room a few months back... there's just a few steps between the buildings that are not covered. It was quite a trek from the room to the building (not that I'm complaining...). The coolest thing was being able to walk over to the Magic Kingdom in around 8 minutes (at 6:15 am). That and watching the fireworks from the CA Grille "pier" were the WDW highlights of my trip!

P.S. The room was really big with sleeping space for 5. Huge when compared to the PO rooms!

------------------
Nov 00 - PO
May 01 - Contemporary (on a business trip)
Nov 01 - PO/FQ
2002 - maybe a quick trip
Jan 03 - WL? AKL? ½ Marathon, followed by Disney Cruise!

"Worrying does not empty tomorrow of its troubles; it empties today of its strength"

DisneyWizard
08-11-2001, 02:35 PM
Just to voice my opinion --

I wouldn't upgrade. Yes you get a nicer view and location, but $75 is a lot of money to have a nicer view. How much time do you plan on spending in the room itself on the vacation? $75 per night adds up.

If you stay for two nights, for example, how many meals or souvenirs could you buy for $150 dollars??? You could eat at Victoria and Albert's.

Just my opinion! I'm always in the parks, so room view is never a priority (especially when it costs almost a hundred dollars more each night).

------------------
-Casey
(Kc, Wizzy, DizWiz)

"...I say believe in the future. The world is getting better."
-Walt Disney

PolyGirl40
08-11-2001, 06:16 PM
What great posts ! http://www.intercot.com/boards/smile.gif

I just wanted to let you know there are pictures of the rooms in the resort information section..

Contemporary Resort Information (http://www.intercot.com/resorts/disney/contemporary/default.asp)

Good luck in whatever you decide ~

------------------
~Carol
"To get to the rainbow, you have to put up with the rain."

tigfan
08-13-2001, 11:41 AM
Thanks for all of the great info! I found a similar rate for Poly with a Garden view ($180). So now I have ressies for both the Poly and Contemporary while the group decides which way to go.

Thanks everybody!

------------------

kimballWDW98
08-21-2001, 09:44 PM
Tower rooms at the Contemporary are most defintely better. On our first trip to WDW, my boyfriend and I had a tower room and his sister had a garden view room. They had a much longer walk than us. Tower rooms are more convenient to the monorail. The view is also great. Two to choose from. Tower with park view or tower with lake view. We have had both. I prefer the park view, just to see the fireworks and MK.

------------------