PDA

View Full Version : snacks & water in the parks?

Mysttree
10-06-2001, 04:36 PM
I'm unsure where to post this question, but as it has to do with food I thought this might be the most appropriate board.
I understand & applaud the added security measures that Disney is undertaking to insure our continued safety while in the land of the Mouse. However here is my question, do they say anything about carrying water or snacks into the parks with you? For years I have bought my own bottled water outside the parks due to the cost. I also like to bring a snack like granola bars or something similar, do they (security) do anything about such contraban?
I simply don't want to "get into trouble" for my water bottles...
Can anyone give me any feedback on what you have observed or experienced regarding this matter lately?
TIA,

------------------
Magical Disney Memories, '79, '83, 95,96,97,98, Feb & Sept. 2000, 2001-Nov.

Pixie Dust
10-06-2001, 08:23 PM
Feedback that I have heard says that Disney is not looking to take away your snacks and water. They are simply searching the bags for saftey. Afterall, many people that go to Disney have special dietary requirements.

Don't worry about bringing in snacks and water!! Now if you tried to walk in with a picnic size cooler.... http://www.intercot.com/boards/wink2.gif then you might have a problem.

------------------
Pam AKA Pixie Dust
Intercot Staff : Disney & Orlando Dining

[email protected]

Those who have not been just can't imagine what they are missing.

Life is magical, share it with those you love and watch it grow.

Mysttree
10-06-2001, 08:36 PM
Thx PixieDust-
I'm not planning on anything major- no meals or huge coolers http://www.intercot.com/boards/smile.gif
Just what I can fit in my fanny-pack (it has those straps on the side for water bottles)
Our family is going in Nov. and we are all really excited!
Thanks for all the help we have gotten from Intercot members- you guys are great!

------------------
Magical Disney Memories, '79, '83, 95,96,97,98, Feb & Sept. 2000, 2001-Nov.

Bouncy
10-10-2001, 02:30 PM
We were just there Sept 14-22. We had snacks and water bottles and security had no problem at all with any of it. They didn't even blink an eye.

------------------
Bouncy, flouncy, pouncy! Fun, Fun, Fun, Fun, Fun!

Pd844
10-10-2001, 03:33 PM
I also was wondering this since my wife has me drinking my daily allotment of H2O I hate to spend my food budget on water.

------------------
(Phil)

6/75 --- Off site (just a young lad)
10/86 --- Off site
11/87 --- Off site
11/88 --- Off site
11/89 --- Off site
12/90 --- Off site
10/91 --- Contemporary Resort
11/93 --- Off site
5/95 --- Honeymoon-- Villa at the Disney Inst.
9/97 --- Fall Fantasy Bunglows at the Disney Inst.
11/01 --- CR & POR

LOVE THE STARS.....LONG LIVE THE STARS!!!!