PDA

View Full Version : use of pools at other resorts?

PegsBobo
08-17-2001, 12:57 PM
If you are staying on-site at WDW, is it permissible to use the pools at other resorts? Also, do the pools provide towels?

------------------

ang38
08-17-2001, 01:02 PM
Nope, you cannot use the other pools unless you are staying at "sister" hotels ex: All Stars, Sports, etc.
I know that the moderates on up provide towels, don't know about the others.

------------------

miketubby
08-17-2001, 01:05 PM
This is what I understand:

-Under normal circumstances, you cannot use other resort's pools. An exception occurred during the Polynesian pool construction when those guests were allowed to use other resort's pools.

-Towels may or may not be provided - it depends on the resort - I believe most require you to bring your own towels, but you may bring your room towels if you wish.

------------------
Visits:
1989: off-site
1996: Poly
6/11/2000-6/20/2000: GF
9/14/2002-9/21/2002: GF

PolyGirl40
08-17-2001, 01:18 PM
Disney Vacation Club members also have the privilege to pool hop.

You have to be a guest of a specific resort in order to use their pool facilities. The exception is Port Orleans and the All Stars.

The Deluxe resorts have pool towels.

------------------
Carol, aka PolyGirl40
INTERCOT (http://www.intercot.com/default.asp) Staff Member
[email protected]

"To get to the rainbow, you have to put up with the rain."

disneydreaming
08-17-2001, 08:25 PM
What do you think about BWI & YC/BC? there so close.

------------------

lovethemouse/hatetherat
08-17-2001, 09:20 PM
Disneydreaming, if you are specifically asking if those staying at BW can use Stormalong Bay at YC/BC, the answer is no, unless as stated above you are a DVC member. They are not considered sister resorts. When booking a hotel, the pool should be a consideration, because that is an amenity you are specifically paying for. Stormalong Bay is spectacular, and it is for the exclusive use of those staying at YC/BC, with the exceptions noted as above.

------------------
Jozette :)

wdwboy
08-18-2001, 06:40 PM
I've never gone out to my resort pool area and been asked to show my room key. So what is stopping non-hotel guests from using other hotel pools?

------------------

lovethemouse/hatetherat
08-18-2001, 08:48 PM
Some of the more popular pools, such as Stormalong Bay, have built zero entries and have enforcement policies. If I am staying at the Wilderness Lodge it would be wrong of me to go to Stormalong Bay. If I REALLY wanted to swim at Stormalong Bay, then I should have choosen to stay at YC/BC. Otherwise, I should just plan on going to one of the waterparks to compensate for my lack of enjoyment with my pool. It just isn't fair to those who have chosen that resort, most of the time specifically for the great pool.

------------------

PolyGirl40
08-18-2001, 10:41 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by wdwboy:
So what is stopping non-hotel guests from using other hotel pools?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Disney is really clamping down on this policy. During our recent vacation, several people were asked to leave the Polynesian pool because they were not guests of the resort.

It's very simple. If you want to swim in a Deluxe accommodation pool, you have to pay the price for that perk. It's not fair to the guests that do. Disney designs the pool size and number of pools per resort based on the occupancy.

------------------
Carol, aka PolyGirl40
INTERCOT (http://www.intercot.com/default.asp) Staff Member
[email protected]

"To get to the rainbow, you have to put up with the rain."

wdwboy
08-19-2001, 01:07 AM
I know someone who stayed off-site and swam in the Yaught and Beach pool, the GF pool and the Poly pool without being asked to leave once. I don't agree with this at all and believe that what it really is is stealing-you're not paying the extra cash to use that pool but you are using it anyway. I consider that stealing.

------------------

lovethemouse/hatetherat
08-19-2001, 01:18 AM
WDWboy, you are absolutely right, it is akin to thievery. Unfortunately, there are people who do it anyways and feel like if no one knows it doesn't matter. To even have the nerve to brag about it, just shows the character of the person.

Was this recently that this person did this? I know they have been cracking down on it at the deluxe pools, so I am curious.

------------------

wdwboy
08-19-2001, 12:08 PM
It was about a year ago, I think.

------------------

RannXerox
08-20-2001, 07:15 PM
The same people who would use another resorts pool with out permission are the same people who think nothing of walking into Chief Mickey’s and push there way to one of the characters for photos. Another example, although more controversial, are large amount of people tagging along with one in a wheel chair and cutting line with them. I can understand the need to keep a family together and the CM desirer to move the wheel chair bound person though to the front. But we once watch thirteen people walk behind “grandma” in a wheel chair and cut line with her. THIRTEEN PEOPLE! Those people would think nothing of going to Storm Along Bay without being guest.

Just some of my pet WDW peeves showing.

------------------
Rann Xerox

Dixie Landings (before saying Dixie was not PC)
Port Orleans (my Fav. Mod.)
Coronado Springs
Wilderness Lodge
Animal Kingdom Lodge
Next up: Polynesian!

mktiggerman
08-21-2001, 12:09 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by wdwboy:
what is stopping non-hotel guests from using other hotel pools?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

you mean like every WDW CM? http://www.intercot.com/boards/supergrin.gif

------------------
Rob
WDW Cast Member
MK Parade Entertainment

"la magie toujours existera"

"ELEC, ELEC, ELECTRICITY!!!!"

"Beware of the Chuckie Dolls"