PDA

View Full Version : Caribe Royale

Summerfun
08-05-2001, 08:23 AM
Has anyone ever stayed at the Caribe Royale in Lake Buena Vista? If so, how was your experience with this hotel. Thanks for your thoughts!

------------------
Kim

janetmojo
08-05-2001, 09:41 AM
My parents did, for a work thing for my dad, let me see if I can get mom over here to give you a report!

------------------
Janet, aka janetmojo
[email protected]
Intercot (http://www.intercot.com) Staff Member

No Bad Dancing!!

Hi my name is Janet, and all my friends are on the internet.

Summerfun
08-05-2001, 11:01 AM
Thanks Janet - I'd love that.....or even if they can tell you if it's a "nice" hotel and if they'd recommend it!

------------------
Kim

Lady Beth
08-06-2001, 08:45 AM
The Caribe Royale is a very nice place to stay! We used a rental car to get there from the airport. And then Tom had to stay right there for his meetings. Another wife and I got to enjoy the hotel facilities. The pool is huge and nice and has a water slide, which is a particular weakness of mine, so I loved it! There is a buffet breakfast included at the hotel, usually with 4-5 hot choices, plus cereals everyday. Our room, a suite, was very nice. We weren't there much except to sleep, but it was very comfortable.
There is a free shuttle with times posted to and from WDW. It does stop a few other places, so it probably took 30 - 45 mins. depending on the park you went to. Carrye and I went to EPCOT because the flower show was on display. The bus takes you right to the bus parking lot and returns there to pick you up at set times. We only went to the one park on one day, so I don't remember for sure, but I would think as long as you were there for the scheduled pick up, you could have gone to a second park on WDW transport, and returned from there. Just be sure to carry the schedule with you.
The folks at the Caribe Guest Services desk were exceptionally helpful and that's where you get the schedule. Feel free to go to them with any questions.
We were there in May, and we did experience some thick smoke outside because of the fires nearby, so we did not get to go to the pool after returning from EPCOT, but that was no fault of the hotel.
You can e-mail me if you have any other questions. I may not remember the answers, but Tom will! [email protected]

Lady Beth

------------------

WDW crazy
08-10-2001, 06:31 AM
I have never stayed there, but I know it is a beautiful hotel. I think you would like it very much. It is very eye catching!

------------------
WDW Trips
12/1996: All Star Sports
5/1998: Wilderness Lodge
5/1999: Dixie Landings
2/2000: Dixie Landings
9/2000: Dixie Landings
Next trip: Feb. 2002
DL: Too many times to count!

Summerfun
08-10-2001, 05:30 PM
I did end up booking my vacation at the Caribe Royale for April. We are going to Disney this Thanksgiving and staying at All Star Movies, but are doing Discovery Cove and Sea World in April............with a little bit of time at Disney since I will be purchasing annual passes. I'm not sure if I'm supposed to say this on Intercot, but I ended up getting $70 off each night at Caribe Royale by booking it through hotelkingdom.com (was $189. per night and I got it for $119) Had never used this site before, but it seemed to work out great and I did call the hotel to confirm that hotelkingdom.com did in fact make the reservations! Can't wait for both trips!

------------------
Kim