PDA

View Full Version : Boardwalk Questions

Megara
07-11-2001, 07:07 PM
Hi!
I'm hoping to be going to WDW next summer, and I think that I'll be staying at the Boardwalk Inn. I have seen pictures of the resort, and it looks very beautiful. I have a few questions for anyone who has stayed here before. Did you like the resort? I know that the Boardwalk is open until 2 AM. Could you hear the noise from your room, because I don't want to be awake until 2 every night.
Thanks So Much!
Amanda

------------------

bradleysnana
07-11-2001, 07:12 PM
First,
Welcome to Intercot. Glad to have you around. I have stayed at the Boardwalk and really enjoyed. The location is so convenient. I never heard the noise from the Boardwalk. I would be a little concerned if my room was on the 2nd floor right above Atlantis but other than that, I think you are ok.

------------------
Nana to Brad, Alex (and Dustin-not yet born)
Becky (aka Bradleysnana)
Intercot Staff
[email protected]

Do you hate having to pay long distance calls to Disney only to be placed on hold? Are you looking for the best resort rates available? Call Kingdom Magic Travel at 1-800-425-0306 or http://www.kingdommagictravel.com

Jeff
07-11-2001, 07:49 PM
We stayed at the BWI in June of 2000. We were there 10 days and a coulple of evenings we could hear a low base beat/noise/vibration from on of the dance clubs but it always seemed to stop right at 11:00 pm. I'm sure they were still dancing but we could no longer hear it. Also, we had to be very quite and almost work at listening to hear the music/noise. It was nothing that would disturb you or keep you awake.

Loved the BWI and plan to stay there again.

------------------

DisneyBaby
07-12-2001, 08:10 AM
You can hear some noise, so try to request a room away from the Boardwalk.

Another thing I found difficult about the hotel was the breakfast. They have a little bakery on the Boardwalk. It's fairly expensive and not very efficient in the morning. I suggest either leaving extra time for breakfast at the hotel, eating in the room (bagels, pop tarts, etc.), or having breakfast in the parks. Other than the breakfast dilema, it's a wonderful hotel. Have fun.

------------------

Sue
07-12-2001, 10:05 AM
We just returned from the BWI on Saturday. We loved it. We had little or no noise but we faced the entrance (where there was some construction going on). They have a small place on the 2nd floor to get bagels, muffins, pastries, coffee; we usually ate in the room. You absolutely can't beat the location - 5 min walk/boat to EPCOT; 7 min boat to MGM. Would definitely stay there again.

------------------

disneydreaming
07-12-2001, 10:42 PM
I agree with Disneybaby about the breakfast but it was not so much an inconvenience as a surprise. There are no restaurants inside the BW only out on the Boardwalk. The lounge does set up bagels, cereal, juice, coffee etc
but I just wish I had know it was going to be like that (I mean I was looking for the food court!)That being said we had a great room. We could see the Eiffel tower and we were overlooking a pretty garden. It was very quiet. I'm looking through my 'stuff' for the room number which I will pass on if I find it.

------------------

DizKnee
07-13-2001, 09:56 PM
Spoodles on the Boardwalk has an excellent breakfast buffet.

It is a little strange to not have restaurants IN the Boardwalk, but there are quite a few ON the Boardwalk. As a matter of fact, I think that the Epcot resort area (Boardwalk Inn and Villas, Beach / Yacht Club, Swan and Dolphin) has the most restaurants within walking distance of all the places in WDW. You have all of the restaurants in the resort area, plus all of the restaurants in World Showcase at Epcot.

For breakfast, for instance, you've got Spoodles, and the Boardwalk Bakery on the Boardwalk, Beaches and Cream and Cape May Cafe in the Beach Club, The Yacht Club Galley in the Yacht Club, The Coral Cafe and Tubbi's Buffeteria in the Dolphin, and the Garden Grove in the Swan - all withing easy walking distance.

At dinner, you have those, plus:
Yacht & Beach Clubs - Yachtsman Steakhouse
Dolphin - Juan & Onlys, Shulas Steakhouse
Swan - Kimonos, Palio,
Boardwalk - Big River Grille & Brewing, ESPN Club and the Flying Fish Cafe

Then you have 1 (or more) restaurants at each of the 12 pavillions in the World Showcase. That's 28 sit down restaurants within a walking distance of the Boardwalk. Not bad!

------------------
I only hope that we never lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse.
Walt Disney

Megara
07-13-2001, 09:59 PM
Thanks to everyone who replied with all of the wonderful information!! I can't wait to arrive at this resort, it sounds beautiful!
Thanks Again!
Amanda

------------------