PDA

View Full Version : Diamond Horshoe Revue

suzibell
07-17-2001, 09:41 PM
There is not much talk about the Diamond Horshoe Revue...any reason why? Is it good/bad for a lunch stop with an 18m old, a 3 1/2 yr old and a 66 yr old grandmda?

------------------
Suzibell~~~

1988~~off site
1995~~All Star Music
Disney bound in Nov 2001~~Polynesian woohoo!

PolyGirl40
07-17-2001, 10:28 PM
We stopped in during our trip in March, on a fluke to escape a passing shower...

The show was absolutely fantastic!..

From my trip report:
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>.We decided to duck into The Diamond Horseshoe Saloon for cover....Tony grabbed a table while I ordered drinks.....It was very muggy in Florida today with temps in the mid 80's, true Carol wilting weather.....*L*....We timed this little excursion just right......Within minutes the showstarted......

Out comes this hillbilly singer...The teens looked at me and rolled their eyes.....This is not their taste in music.....I did find them giggling at the corny jokes......Next up was a magician..I think his name was Terrence??...He was great!!...The entire family loved his performance and tricks....What a wonderful entertainer!!.....Need I say how enthralled my teens were at the can-can dancers!!??..*LOL*..Oy vey!....What a great little off the road stop we found!..<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

We loved it!..I really think your little ones would be bored..The show is about 45 minutes long...If they sit well, I'd certainly attempt it..The adults should like it http://www.intercot.com/boards/smile.gif

We just ordered drinks...Salads & Cold sandwiches are available for about $6..

We will be returning without a doubt!

------------------
~Carol
"To get to the rainbow, you have to put up with the rain."

Beast_fanatic
07-17-2001, 10:40 PM
We've done this show in the past. My DH loves it. I think it's pretty funny.

We did lunch at the one in Disneyland a couple of years ago, and we weren't impressed. The food was OK, but it took forever to get it. I don't know if they have this same problem at WDW.

I expect we'll do the Christmas version when we are there for MVMCP in December.

Have fun!

------------------
Rhonda

DizKnee
07-18-2001, 01:00 AM
We've been the last 2 years. The show is great, they have great hand packed ice cream and they keep the air conditioning on full. It's a great respite when it's really hot.

If you go, try to either sit in the box along side the stage, up front by the musicians, or in the aisle that goes across the middle of the room. The performers go into the audience to get participants. We sat in the box to the left of the stage (stage right) and my daughter got picked to participate in a card trick and one of the can-can dancers flirted with me (sitting on the railing and hitting me in the head with her feather boa - you know.) It was great fun, and my daughter had a blast.

------------------
I only hope that we never lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse.
Walt Disney

Leatlanta
07-18-2001, 04:25 PM
We went there in June and it is a treat to be in from the heat! The show was cute, my husband loved the can-can dancers. The humor is more for adults than small children, but they would probably enjoy the costumes. There are no "characters". The theme is old west saloon. It is a "find your own table when one becomes available" seating and to order food you walk up to the bar and stand in a line. They have sandwiches, chips, and ice cream.
Actually for no cover charge the entertainment is great and you can sit there as long as you want. I believe the shows only run during the day and not in the evening, but not sure about that.

------------------