PDA

View Full Version : Mickey's Backyard BBQ

Goofy Pluto
07-02-2001, 12:27 PM
Does anyone know anything about Mickey's Backyard BBQ? Has anyone been to it? Is it good? Worth the time? I just found out about this, have never been to it, and my wife is interested. Anything anyone can tell me about it is appreciated. Thanks!

------------------
Garsh!

1979 - Polynesian Village
1988 - The Treehouses
1990 - The Treehouses
1997 - The Disney Institute Villas/The Yacht and Beach Club
1999 - The Disney Institute Villas
And coming in October 2001 - The Carribean Beach

vallerii
07-02-2001, 02:39 PM
We went...maybe a couple years ago, on a very hot, sweaty day--one downfall no air conditioning outside. It's a little expensive for the food...which was basic picnic fare(hot dogs, jello, watermelon, pop, etc) Though it was pretty fun. Got my parents to actually line dance(they had lessons), lots of meet and greet time with the characters which was great for the kids, music, entertainment.

It definitely was a lot more casual than the dinner-shows, but if you want something that is relaxed, like a summer work or family picnic this is it.

------------------
Going on 25+ visits
1980-1999
Villas, Contemporary, The Dolphin, Carribbean Beach, All Star Sports, ALM, Dixie Landings
2000 All Star Movies
2000 Dixie Landings
2001 Disney Institute Villas
2001 Riverside

Willowwind
07-02-2001, 06:58 PM
My mother has been and preffered it over the Hoop-de-doo, which astonished me http://www.intercot.com/boards/smile.gif

------------------
Our Anniversary Trip December 2001 - Contemporary

wendy*darling
07-03-2001, 01:49 PM
I just went last Tuesday with our group of Boy Scouts. I was looking forward to this dinner as it was one of our non-park days and right there in Fort Wilderness where we were camping.

I was disappointed, but let me qualify that a bit...

The food is a buffet of "picnic" foods. They have chicken, ribs, hot dogs, salads, corn on the cob, beans, etc. They have cake and watermelon for dessert. Lots of lemonade, iced tea, and sodas to drink. I believe they have beer and wine, but our youth group tickets did not allow us access to that.

You better LOVE country music (I don't). There is a live band and LOTS of "YeeeHaa"s going on. They were very good- but I really can't listen to country for too long.

The characters were there with plenty of opportunity for photos and autographs. Our group of teenage boys were not that interested.

Line dancing (with instruction) was fun and a few of our group had a good time for a while.

For me... I ate plenty of food, but then really didn't care to stay for much else. Our guys wanted to go back to the campsite for a scouts vs "old guys" volleyball game (great fun...and the "old guys" won 2 out of 3 http://www.intercot.com/boards/supergrin.gif)

So... for the money- you should like BBQ foods, country music and take advantage of the characters.

------------------
Linda aka: wendy*darling
Intercot Staff: Disney & Orlando Dining
[email protected]

DVC owners at the Wilderness Lodge Villas
WDW:
4/92 (MK day trip only); 9/93 (Poly); 10/96 (DL & BC); 6/98 (YC); 2/00 (Contemporary); 12/00 (BWI); 6/01(Fort Wilderness tent camping with the Boy Scouts!!)
Next trip: ??? Can't be soon enough :)