PDA

View Full Version : Which All-Star resort is the best???

dancer_chick
05-18-2001, 03:01 PM
Hey Everyone,
I was just wondering which one of the 3 all-star resorts is the best? We're going to WDW this summer and we're staying in one of them, but we can't decide which one (Sports, Movies, or Music) http://www.intercot.com/boards/confused.gif . Thanx!!!

------------------

Jasper
05-18-2001, 05:26 PM
All three are basically the same with the only real difference being the themeing. We have stayed at all three and found them to be equally well maintained.

Really, deciding which one is "best" is all a matter of personal preference on which theme you like.

------------------

Imalismom
05-18-2001, 10:24 PM
I'm partial to Music, but have no special reason as to why - I just like it and the staff there.

------------------
Ali's Mom
Intercot Staff Member
[email protected]

Up Next: Shades of Green : June 2šoš1 - See you at the Intercot Meet!

If prayers were horses, I'd be riding into the sunset....

jefmblrd
05-19-2001, 08:30 AM
They are all basically the same, so it depends on the theming. If you have younger kids, they may like movies--there's a Toy Story playground there.

Also you may want to stay as close to the main building as you can if you have small children. It can be a long walk if you're way in the back of the resort.

------------------
Remember the Magic.

DisneyWizard
05-20-2001, 12:59 PM
We're going with the Movies (the decision was made by someone other than me)....the theming seemed more 'fun'. However, I would definately love to stay at the Music also -that's more of my kind of place. (I'm not a sports fan, though.)

------------------
"...I say believe in the future. The world is getting better."
-Walt Disney

In the works:
X Busch Gardens VA 2001 (Been there done that!)
-Cedar Point OH 2001
-Worlds of Adventure 2001
-Walt Disney World 2001
-DisneyLand 2002

Click here to vote for Intercot as the #1 Disney Site! (http://pub25.bravenet.com/vote/vote.asp?usernum=2106291801)

eLPack
05-22-2001, 06:49 PM
I picked Sports because it is the first on the bus line of stops.. otherwise, they are all pretty much identical except for the icons - which really don't have much impact on the quality or enjoyability of the resort.

------------------
eL

Dolce
05-24-2001, 10:15 PM
We stayed at Movies a few weeks ago and I was already thinking how we'd be last on the All Star bus route. Turns out the drivers switch it up from time to time...on several occassions we were picked up and dropped off first and other times they'd do the same with Music. So if you're worried about being last on the bus route, they seemed to be dividing things up pretty equally as of two weeks ago.

------------------
'95 - 97 - off site
'98 - All Star Sports
'99 - Coronado Springs
'00 - Dixie Landings
'01 - All Star Movies

frakers
06-01-2001, 10:55 AM
I've stayed at Sports and Movies. I've walked through Music. Maybe because it was new when we went, but I prefer the Movies. Yeah, Sports and Music are neat but the Movies was totally Disney themed. Every area was about a Disney movie you probably watched and therefore was more special. Baseball is baseball, although I do love it, and music is on the radio (including a lot of music you probably don't care about). The movies is just more Disney.
Just my opinion......

------------------
WDW - 1/01, 12/00, 10/00, 6/00, 2/00, 12/99, 8/99.....you get the idea.
Disney Magic
Coronado Springs
Yacht Club
Wilderness Lodge
Grand Floridian
Contemporary
Dixie Landings
All Star Sports
All Star Movies
Fort Wilderness
More to come......

Sander
06-01-2001, 11:30 AM
I just got back from the All Star Sports last Sunday. We stayed there because my boyfriend loves sports. What we like was that we were always the first to be dropped off and most of the time we were the first to be picked up.

------------------

mickclub1955
06-01-2001, 11:34 PM
If you are going with kids Movies or Sports. Music is more for couples. For some reason not a lot of kids stay there but don't get me wrong Kids do stay there but not as many as the other two. I enjoyed the Movies. Had a terrible stay at the Sports. We've always enjoyed Music the best.

------------------
"There's enough land here to hold all the ideas and dreams that we could possibly imagine."-Walt Disney

lorirose
06-02-2001, 11:13 AM
I've stayed in all three, and I prefer sports. No, I'm not a big sports fanatic... I just think that it is laid out better than the other two. If you look at the maps of each resort, the chances of getting an extremely far-from-bus-stop room are much less at sports than at the other two.

------------------
Dec '80 - Golf resort (now shades of green)
1992-1995- a bunch of day trips. (lived in Orlando)
Jun '99 - All Star Music
Jan '00 - All Star Movies
Feb '00 - offsite
Sep '00 - All Star Sports
Jan '01 - Fort Wilderness / Shades of Green
Next up:
Dec '01 - all-star sports/ Port Orleans (French Quarter)

MORTIMER
06-02-2001, 12:46 PM
I prefer the Movies, we have stayed in both Movies and Sports and we have walked through the Music. The main building, which houses the check-in and food court, is bigger at the Movies and seems to be more open. Actually, the whole resort seems to be a little more spread out than the other two. We also prefer the theming at Movies and I am a sports nut.

------------------

Disneywarrior
06-04-2001, 10:41 PM
My vote goes to the ASmo.

------------------
Por Favor mentaganse allejado de las puertas!
--WDW Monorail

When hinges creek in doorless chambers and strange and frightening sounds echo through the halls. Whenever candlelights flicker, when the air is deathly still. That is the time when ghosts are present, practicing their terror with ghoulish delight.
--Ghost Host, HM

LDeb10
06-11-2001, 02:06 PM
We found that Movies had the best food court. We also liked the pool for the kids as it was all the depth.

Enjoy

------------------

STOFFER
06-13-2001, 01:00 AM
I like All Star Sports. We stayed there last summer, and loved it.

------------------