PDA

View Full Version : Splitting a week at two resorts

Roland
06-01-2001, 09:29 PM
Has anyone ever split a week at two resorts? I am wondering what happens with my luggage. Do they automatically send the luggage to the next resort?

------------------
'92 - August, Disneyland
'96 - April, Wilderness Lodge
'97 - October, offsite
'98 - Sept., Dixie Landings
'99 - Sept., Wilderness Lodge
'00 - Sept., Wilderness Lodge
'00 - Oct., All Sports
'01 - Jan., All Sports
'01 - May Wilderness Lodge
'01 - Sept. (planned POR)

LottaLubes
06-01-2001, 09:36 PM
I just finished reading a thread on this same subject under "Vacation Planning" if you want to check it out.

------------------

WSfan
06-02-2001, 06:43 PM
We split our 7 night stay between Port Orleans Riverside and the Beach Club. We were at POR for 5 nights and 2 at the BC. If you decide to split your stay I recommend doing it more half and half. Maybe even extend your stay and do 8 nights, 4 at one resort, 4 at the other. Between the packing and checking in and waiting for our room to be ready at the BC, we felt we really didn't get to relax and really enjoy the place like we would have liked to by only staying there for 2 nights. We tried to stay one more night and they were completely booked. It also depends on how many are traveling and how much luggage you have. We TRY to pack light but it just doesn't happen with a family of 5. We had a rental car so we transported our own luggage but WDW will do it for you if you call the night before checkout. Make sure to plan your day that you switch resorts accordingly. We pre-checked in at the Beach Club, then went to Epcot for lunch and some touring and were ready to hit the pool by a little after 3 so we headed back to the resort only to have to wait until after 4 for our room to be ready and get into our swimsuits. Would we consider switching resorts at WDW again? Probably. Depending on how many nights we could stay. We just would do it differently than the first time.

------------------

minijeanie
06-07-2001, 07:45 PM
I split my resorts all the time. As a matter of fact this year, it will be 3x.
First at HRH for 3 nights, then over to Poly for 4 nights, and then to BWV for three nights. I love the flexibility of staying on both the MK side and the Epcot side. WDW takes your luggage for you. You just go to the parks and when you come back, it is there for you. I have never had a problem. We also have a car with us, but I rather Dis does the luggage. This way I avoid any problems with my luggage getting stolen. Go for it, it is not bad at all.

------------------

Crow
06-07-2001, 10:36 PM
I'm doing it (hopefully) in Sept; CBR & POR.
want to exp 2 places on 1 trip..

------------------
Mike aka Crow
over 300 DVDs & counting
Disney trips: several times w family as kid off site(once w Hurricane Agnes hit)
86 off site w first wife & 96 WDW Village w 2nd wife
alone Sept 99 ASM- Hurricane closed Disney day i left
Sept 01 at CBR & PO Riverside?

foyi
06-08-2001, 01:06 AM
My husband and I are going the first week in October. We couldn't decide between Wilderness Lodge and Beach Club. Based on several replies from intercot we decided to do both. This way we're going to get the best of both worlds. I hope it works out for you whatever you decide.

------------------

Mr. Brass Bonanza
06-08-2001, 08:41 AM
You'll have no problem. Just call the front desk the night before and tell them you're transfering to the other resort and would like to have yor bags sent there. You leave your bags right in your room. When you check into the other resort later in the day, your bags are there, and all you need to do is have them sent to your room once you're there!

http://www.intercot.com/boards/smile.gif Mark

------------------
Intercot Moderator

Want to go to Walt Disney World whenever you want? It all starts HERE!!! (http://www.income2000online.com/mlopa)

Excel Communications - an Intercot site sponsor
-----

1978 - off site
1984 - off site
1995 - Vacation Club Resort (now Old Key West)
1997 - Caribbean Beach
1998 - Caribbean Beach
2000 - Polynesian (honeymoon)
2000 - All Star Music
2000 - Wilderness Lodge
2001 - Grand Floridian (anniversary)
2002 - Port Orleans, French Quarter
-----

Check out these Intercot sister sites!

WebDisney (http://www.webdisney.com) The Definitive Guide To Disney On The Internet
Intercot West (http://www.intercotwest.com) Disneyland Inside & Out

Rhetoric2000
06-08-2001, 12:37 PM
We are coming to Orlamdo for 3 weeks and are moving 4 times. We are off site for 2 weeks in two different suites and then on site at FW and BC. I will have lots of space on my own for 2 weeks and share with parents to go on site. We got good deals at all 4 places because we were flexible when we made the bookings.

------------------