PDA

View Full Version : FIRST TIME AT THE POLYNESIAN-HELP!

wrwrwrwreee1971
06-17-2002, 01:43 PM
THIS WILL BE MY FIRST STAY AT THE POLYNESIAN. I WILL BE TRAVELING WITH MY WIFE, TWO TEENAGE FEMALE RELATIVES, MY 3 YEAR OLD DAUGHTER, AND 1 YEAR OLD SON. WHAT TYPE OF ACTIVITIES SHOULD I MAKE SURE THEY DON'T MISS. I HAVE STAYED AT CBR AND ASMU ON PREVIOUS TRIPS, SO I KNOW THE WORLD OK, BUT IF ANYONE HAS IDEAS ON ACTIVITIES, LET ME KNOW.

jim&laura
06-17-2002, 03:11 PM
Go down to the beach at watch the Electrical Water Pageant and the fireworks. You'll also want to try O'hana's for dinner.

disneymomw_3boys
06-17-2002, 03:47 PM
Try to ride in the front car of the Monirail along with the conductor. graemlins/thumbsup.gif This only seats four and you have to wait for the train that is assigned to the Poly. Its not much of a wait and just ask the CM when the next train is comming that will allow you to ride up front.

If the loading deck is empty it should only be a tram or two before you get to ride upfront. graemlins/mickey.gif

Also use the Boat that launches from near the pool to go over to the MK or come back from the MK. On the way to the MK it is a straight shot with no stops, on the way back it stops over at the GF before coming over to the Poly.

lovethembirds
06-17-2002, 05:36 PM
In addition to all the other suggestions, if you can, go to the Luau. It's right at your hotel and I think you will enjoy it. I've been to WDW 4 times now graemlins/mickey.gif and I've been to the Luau every time. You're going to love the Polynesian! That will be our hotel of choice on our next trip. (next year!) I loved it the first time and I can't wait to stay there again. Enjoy!

GoofyWill
06-17-2002, 07:59 PM
Definately see the Electrical Water Pagent on the Seven Seas Lagoon. Since the Poly is one of the best hotels, I'd take the time to walk around the place and enjoy the quiet, the furry creatures, and the ducks. graemlins/mickey.gif

nygiants56
06-17-2002, 08:01 PM
The polynesian is my favorite resort. I like the watermice that they have at the marina. They are a lot of fun. There is so much to this resort. Just walk around the polynesian and you will love it. The atmosphere is great.

imported_PolyGirl40
06-17-2002, 09:09 PM
I suggest taking breaks to enjoy the resort. The evenings are remarkable. The Polynesian Resort is a vacation within itself.

There are countless children activities. You can also visit the Neverland Club throughout the day. Children can play in there, with supervision. You can find pictures of the Neverland Club in my homepage link.

Some of the activities at the Polynesian are as follows;

Polynesian Storytelling in the Great Ceremonial House daily at 8:30 p.m.

Torch Lighting Ceremony is held Tuesday- Saturday at 6:00 p.m. in the Great Ceremonial House.

Ladybug Release is at Captain Cook's on Thursdays at 9:30 a.m.

Hula Dancing Lessons are at the Luau Cove Stage on Saturdays at 10:00 a.m.

Keiki Korner; Held at the volcano pool.
Children can learn about Polynesian instruments, make a Kukui nut necklace, decorate with Hawaiian stamps, learn how to dance with Poi balls, along with the history of the dance. They also can learn Lau printing, Lauhala weaving, and how to make their own candy lei. Check at the front desk for times and events.

They can play volleyball on the beach.

Magic Kingdom Fireworks & the Electric Water Pageant from the beach.

Check out the INTERCOT Resort section for more details.

Link to the Polynesian Resort Page (http://www.intercot.com/resorts/disney/polynesian/default.asp)