PDA

View Full Version : Grand Floridian Private Dining

MnDloveDisney
07-27-2001, 12:18 AM
I just read about this on another site. Has anyone every done this? Apparently, you can have private dining set up at various locations throughout the resort.

Any info would be greatly appreciated! Thanks! http://www.intercot.com/boards/smile.gif

------------------
Visits:
'82,'83,'84,'85,'86,'87,'88,'89,'90,'91,'95
Honeymoon-December 2000 at Port Orleans
2001 Trips:June 2001 - ASTD Conference (sneaking some Disney in between!)
December 2001 - All-Star Music

MnDloveDisney
07-27-2001, 11:21 PM
Got some info on this so I thought I'd post it in case anyone else was interested! I called today to the Grand Floridian and got passed around to a few people before I spoke to Patricia, a very nice woman in Private Dining. You don't have to be a guest of the Grand Floridian to take part in the private dining experience. They can set you up for dinner on the third floor balcony or on their yacht, the Grand I, if you'd like. They have romantic packages, customizable packages, or you can order off the in-room (room service) menu. She faxed me the menus so if anyone wants them, let me know and I can scan them in and email.

It sounds pretty intriguing. I may nix our plans for our anniversary dinner at California Grill and do this instead! http://www.intercot.com/boards/smile.gif

------------------
Visits:

Imalismom
09-02-2001, 08:33 PM
No problem - you can post both the menu's, options and prices here on the board.

Imalismom
Dining Mod

MnDloveDisney
09-03-2001, 09:01 PM
Thanks, Imalismom. Here's the info I've been emailing to anyone who has asked:

Below are the private dining experience menus. I realized when I scanned them they were not readable, so I typed them up quick. I've only included the romantic packages. They also sent me the room service menu from the Grand Floridian, as you can order off that as well. In addition, you could customize a menu based on what you'd like, and they will get a price for you.

I've already set up our dining experience for December. We'll be dining on the balcony overlooking the GF courtyard and Cinderella's castle. The server is going to meet us in the lobby to take us to the location. It's a surprise for my hubby! I'm so excited!

The direct number to Patricia and Carolyn (the two women I've dealt with at GF Private Dining) is 407-824-2578.

If you have any questions, please feel free to email me!

Private Dining
Romantic Dining Experience

For guests seeking that extra special dining experience, with either a Private Romantic Breakfast, Lunch or Dinner, the Grand Romantic Getaway is the perfect answer. Enjoy the special moment before the elegant backdrop of Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort and Spa; dine on the exclusive yacht, the Grand I; on one of our float boats, or in the quiet seclusion of your own suite. Butler Service is available throughout the entire meal, serving you course after course. Choose a meal from any of our existing restaurants, or one of our pre-selected menu packages. To make your experience more “Magical”, allow our Chef’s to design a menu specifically to meet your needs.

Please allow forty-eight hours notice.

Pricing depends on the individual options selected.

The Grand Breakfizz (Romantic Breakfast for Two)
Traditional Eggs Benedict with baked apple slices, served with pastries, fresh fruits and berries, your choice of tow cold and two hot beverages and a split of champagne.
$46.00

Sugar Loaf Seclusion
Crab Cake – Jumbo lump crab cake served with Cajun remoulade sauce
Steak Diane – Sautéed twin beef medallions with a truffle cream sauce, tourné and baby vegetables on a rosti potato.
Mixed berries “Gratinee”, Champagne Sabayon
$78.00++(Per Person)

Fantasmic Experience
Classic Caesar Salad Prepared Table Side
Strip Steak au Poivre – Sirloin of beef coated with crushed peppercorns and sautéed, flambéed with cognac and served with fondant potato.
Bittersweet Chocolate Terrin with hazlenut brittle and brandied cherries.
$57.00++(Per Person)
Champagne and Sparkling Wines – Tattinger “laFrancaise” Brut, France
$65.00++(Per Person)

Grand Floridian Experience
Seafood Cocktail with Three Sauces – Gulf Shrimp, lump crab and Maine lobster with horseradish, remoulade and cognac sauces.
Spinach Salad – Baby leaves of Spinach with diced tomatoes, ****ake mushrooms and a smoked bacon vinaigrette.
Roast Rack of Lamb – with herb pinenut crust and rosemary jus. Carved table side and accompanied with tourne and baby vegetables, braised cabbage and duchess potatoes.
White Chocolate Raspberry Gateau – White Chocolate raspberry mouse “heart shaped” with tropical fruit coulis.
$85.00++(per Person)
Champagne and Sparking Wines-Perrier-Jouet Fleur
$230.00

The Magnolia
Sauteed Mushroom and Leek in Phyllo Purse – Pinot Noir sauce and basil oil.
Crab Stuffed Main Lobster with Mouseeline Sauce – Broiled red skin potatoes and asparagus spears.
Pate au Choux Swans – Filled with white chocolate mousse served in a pool of chcolate cognac sauce surrounded by shaved white chocolate curls.
$69.00++(per person)
Champagne and Sparking Wines – Roederer Estate Rose, CA
$70.00++(Per Person)

Victorian Elegance
Romaine Hearts – tossed table side with a stilton black peppercorn dressing.
Seared Sea Scallops and Gulf Shrimp – Served with saffron risotto, asparagus and a red pepper coulis.
Bananas Foster- Bananas quickly sautéed with dark rum, sugar and banana liquor, served warm over vanilla ice cream.
$70.00++(Per Person)
Champagne and Sparking Wines – Tattinger Comtes le Champagne Blanc de Blanc
$250.00++

Notes:

All packages include your choice of 1 non-alcoholic beverage and 1 bottled water per person.

++ = +6% sales tax and + 18% service charge.

Butler Service is optional and there is an additional fee of $50.00 for the first three hours and $25.00 each additional hour thereafter.

------------------
Visits: