PDA

View Full Version : Rose&Crown "For Dummies" please

TheInventor'sDaughter
08-09-2001, 10:04 PM
I have 7:50 pm ressies for Rose & Crown on Monday, Nov. 12.

Now, can someone give me instructions on the best way to try to sit somewhere to watch IoE?

Also, will 7:50 pm work?

------------------
1972, Orlando Campground; 1988-94, Orlando-area resident (frequent visits); 1992, PO; 1993, Dolphin; 1996, WL; 1996, D.Inst.; 1997, BW Inn; April 2001, Wild. Home; Nov. 2001, BWV & OKW

wendy*darling
08-10-2001, 08:04 AM
7:50 will work beautifully!!

I would arrive around 7:30 just to let them know you are interested in a terrace table for Illuminations, and that you will gladly wait for a table. Be polite and gracious.

They will give you a pager and call you when your table is ready.

That is about all you can do. ZThey will do their best to accommodate your request.

IN CASE... you don't get a terrace table, you will still be able to see the show. They will allow you to go out onto the terrce and watch (as long as you do not obstruct someone else's view.

Good luck- I know you will enjoy this restaurant. I can't wait to go back next June!!

------------------
Linda aka: wendy*darling
Intercot Staff: Disney & Orlando Dining
[email protected]

DVC owners at the Wilderness Lodge Villas
WDW:
4/92 (MK day trip only); 9/93 (Poly); 10/96 (DL & BC); 6/98 (YC); 2/00 (Contemporary); 12/00 (BWI); 6/01(FW tent camping with the Boy Scouts!!)
Next trip: June 2002 (ASMovies and VWL)

PolyGirl40
08-10-2001, 08:50 AM
We had 7:45 PS' and did the very thing Linda suggested!...Be gracious and offer to wait http://www.intercot.com/boards/smile.gif We were seated by 8.

The Rose & Crown was one of our dining highlights in March....My entire family enjoyed their feast!! http://www.intercot.com/boards/tasty.gif

I too can not wait to go back..RoE is a wonderful perk http://www.intercot.com/boards/wink.gif

------------------
~Carol
"To get to the rainbow, you have to put up with the rain."

ParisRain
08-11-2001, 07:31 PM
I was going to ask this same sort of question, so thanks TheInventer'sDaughter! LOVE your handle btw! http://www.intercot.com/boards/smile.gif

We haven't made plans yet, but want to give this a try. Now I know when to make ressies and what to do. Good Q!

------------------
1977: Disneyland
1996: WDW ~ CBR
2000: WDW ~ PO
2002: WDW ~ WL (January)

Imatiggerfan
08-12-2001, 01:48 PM
I can't help commenting on this, as this was one of the more hectic moments on our trip last year. When I was there this past November, the staff would not allow anyone to stand on the terrace to watch the show.

When we got there at 7:30, the place was mobbed. People trying to get tables without PS and not to happy at being told there wasn't anything available. People trying to get tables WITH PS, and being told there was a long wait, even inside. We had 7:30 ps and had to wait a while for a terrace table (it was well after 8 when we were seated)- but the hostess was sweet and very tickled that we actually got on the terrace. (Maybe because we seemed - by being nice ourselves - to be in the minority that night! Everyone seemed a bit stressed out!) We got the ONLY terrace table left. They had all been taken long before we arrived -- there were people on the lower terraces that had been there since 6:30!! We ended up in a nice corner spot, but on an upper level with a roof covering that obstructed the view of the fireworks. Our son could see by sitting down on the floor, and we could see if we scrunched down and looked out under the overhang. The couple next to us were in a bad spot and could not see anything. They got up and stood near us trying to see. And, a couple came outside to do the same. Both were politely - but FIRMLY - told by staff that they must return to their seats, even when we said they were welcome to join us. The manager said - "we are a restaurant first, a place to watch illuminations second and safety issues governing restaurants must be followed." So...I'm thinking their flexible attitude towards accommodating viewers has changed?? Has anyone else experienced this?
We've had throroughly enjoyable times at the R&C in the past - during earlier hours - and will continue to eat there...but NOT during Illuminations! http://www.intercot.com/boards/smile.gif

------------------

casmanuel
08-15-2001, 11:51 AM
I have a tip regarding viewing Illuminations from the terrace: bring a warm jacket! Even though the evening might be warm or pleasantly cool (as it was the Feb evening we sat on the terrace) the breeze blowing off the water was down-right chilly! So much so that we almost left before Illuminations due to complaints of "I'm FREEZING!!" from the peanut gallery. We persevered, however and it was wonderful.

I'd also recommend a 7:30 PS and check-in by 7:00. If they ask to seat you earier than your PS time, take it! Plan on relaxing, and bring toys or other "distractions" if you have children in your group. The waiters didn't seem to mind, and we tipped generously for the kind and patient service.

------------------

Gadget
08-15-2001, 10:27 PM
A 7:20 is not too early for illuminations viewing? I don't have any kids with me that might dawdle over their food. (Well, I do have a 17 year old - but I don't think that counts!) Then again - maybe it does!!!

Is 7:20 too early?

------------------

Pixie Dust
08-16-2001, 09:21 PM
I don't think so Gadget. That the time that I have for my PS this year. I admit it will be the first time we have eatten at R&C. But make sure to check in early and politely tell them about the terrace request.

Also as a reminder, the CM that took my PS was very nice to remind me that the schedule for Tapestry of Dream schedule was not out yet, and to plan on the parade being a possible delaying factor in arriving on time for my PS.

------------------
Pam AKA Pixie Dust
Intercot Staff : Disney & Orlando Dining

[email protected]

Those who have not been just can't imagine what they are missing.

Life is magical, share it with those you love and watch it grow.

MickeyUK
08-18-2001, 05:46 AM
I could only get a 7:20pm seating also, but I figure that we might have to wait a bit for a terrace table. Also, I plan on lingering over dinner, hopefully we should be having coffee when the show starts!

------------------
Samantha

WDW - 1992, 1994, 2000
Upcoming, Dec 2001
DL - 1997, 1998
DLP - 1996, 2000

disneydreaming
08-18-2001, 09:57 PM
Our attempt at getting a table to view the 'show' from the Rose & Crown was less than a pleasant experience. This was a couple of years ago so I don't remember the exact particulars. We had PS at a time that was reasonable to eat and view without too much lingering. We showed up early and politely made our request. When it came time for our seating we were brought to a table which was outside but too close to the entryway to provide a view. There were empty tables the same size (there were only 4 of us) in better locations and we politely requested one of these. NO. We said we would wait. NO.
By this time it was getting a little embarassing and for some reason people being seated after us were getting these tables. My opinion is if you want to eat at Rose & Crown make your PS and enjoy. If you time it right and are lucky to see illuminations great. Next time I would get a fish and chips from the stand outside R&C and try to get a good seat along the water, relax and enjoy.

------------------

[This message has been edited by disneydreaming (edited August 19, 2001).]