PDA

View Full Version : AKL Concierge

Leah
01-24-2002, 05:10 PM
Does anyone have a list of what is offered daily?

TheSorcererofFantasia
01-25-2002, 08:33 AM
Leah, I listed alot of what was offered in my trip reports from Dec 01. If no one minds I can list it all here but if not, send me an email and I can list it all.

imported_PolyGirl40
01-25-2002, 08:59 AM
<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by TheSorcererofFantasia:
If no one minds I can list it all here <hr></blockquote>

Cher - Please do. It will be of great benefit to anyone looking for the information - for future reference. Thanks smile.gif

Leah
01-25-2002, 11:16 AM
I read your trip reports they are great thanks.

TheSorcererofFantasia
01-25-2002, 08:44 PM
Food & Beverages offered at Animal Kingdom Lodge Concierge:

7:30 - 10:30 am Breakfast: Regular & decaf coffee, cocoa, cappaccino/espresso machine, milk, fresh orange, pineapple & mango juice (mix all three, YUM), juice boxes, milk boxes, oatmeal w/granola, brown sugar, raisins, assorted cold cereals, assorted danish, donuts, pastries. Bagels with cream cheese & jelly, blueberry muffins, fresh sliced cantalope, honeydew, pineapple, kiwi, oranges, and whole pieces of fruit (bananas, apples, pears etc). Sometimes they have fresh berries too!

11am - 3pm Afternoon munchies: Iced tea, lemonade and an African Smoothie, coffees, hot teas, goldfish crackers, gummy bears, veggie chips, nut mixes, pretzels, and other assorted 'munch' foods.

3pm - 5pm Afternoon Tea: Iced tea, lemonade and an African Smoothie, scones, assorted cookies, frosted brownies, rice krispie treats, snack bars & coffees, hot teas.

5pm - 7pm Evening Starters: Iced tea, lemonade and an African Smoothie, assorted hot meat skewers from Boma & Jiko (all VERY good), assorted hummus with breads & crackers, sauces & salsas, chilled veggie wrap slices, tandori chicken pizza, veggie pizza, assorted cheese platter, cute peanut butter & grape jelly sandwiches, other assorted treats each day and last 4 or 5 African wines.

7pm - 10pm Sorry guys but I never quite made it back in time for this but from what I heard there are assorted cordials (Baileys, Amaretto, etc) and fantastic dessert treats from Boma & Jiko. Will be sure to check this out on my next trip and report the findings. :D

At all times there is large bottles of water out, Perrier and Vittel. Since there is such a concern for the safety of the animals here there are NO straws at AKL. Plastic bottles of water are not handed out for this reason also. However, concierge staff will provide you with them when you ask to take them to the park. They were kind enough to provide me with the large glass bottles daily for my room since I need to take so may meds.

Hope this helps everyone out. ;)

bethglasmann
01-25-2002, 09:23 PM
Great info., thanks for posting!!

imported_PolyGirl40
01-26-2002, 07:42 AM
Thank you, Cher. graemlins/notworthy.gif