PDA

View Full Version : I need some help with posting a reply...

TheRealEvilQueen
12-20-2001, 05:15 PM
Here is my problem.
When I want to post a reply ans attach what someone else has written, you know in the bold and it would say something like:

TheRealEvilQueen wrote:
then it would say what I said in bold, then the person who was posting write their comment.
so far, I know to
Copy
then I THOUGHT that it is "quote", but whenever I do that, it only shows the quote and not who wrote it and it's not in bold, can you please help me...anyone!

Thanks so much in advance!

(I feel like such a Moron)
graemlins/crazy.gif

~ Mary graemlins/mickey.gif

pjbs35a
12-20-2001, 05:21 PM
<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by TheRealEvilQueen:
Here is my problem.
When I want to post a reply ans attach what someone else has written, you know in the bold and it would say something like:

TheRealEvilQueen wrote:
then it would say what I said in bold, then the person who was posting write their comment.
so far, I know to
Copy
then I THOUGHT that it is "quote", but whenever I do that, it only shows the quote and not who wrote it and it's not in bold, can you please help me...anyone!

Thanks so much in advance!

(I feel like such a Moron)
graemlins/crazy.gif

~ Mary graemlins/mickey.gif <hr></blockquote>

Click on the quotation marks (" ") and everything will be there, just type in your reply and click on "Add Reply".

TheRealEvilQueen
12-21-2001, 10:43 AM
<blockquote>quote:</font><hr> Click on the quotation marks (" ") and everything will be there, just type in your reply and click on "Add Reply".

--------------------

Frankie
<hr></blockquote>

Ok, here goes nothing, let's see if I did it correctly..[B]Click on the quotation marks (" ") and everything will be there, just type in your reply and click on "Add Reply".

Ed
12-21-2001, 11:05 AM
Ok, here goes nothing, let's see if I did it correctly..[B]Click on the quotation marks (" ") and everything will be there, just type in your reply and click on "Add Reply".<hr></blockquote>

Okay, you apparently missed something somewhere... what I just did here was while reading your post (above), I simply clicked on the " " above your post; that should automatically take you to a reply page with exactly what you wrote, starting out with the word QUOTE enclosed in brackets [ ] then Originally posted by whoever, followed by QB also enclosed in brackets, your quote, then /QB in brackets and /QUOTE in another set of brackets. The letter "B" in QB tells it to bold the quote.

Clear as mud, huh ?

;)
________
RC160 (http://www.cyclechaos.com/wiki/Honda_RC160)

TheRealEvilQueen
12-21-2001, 11:11 AM
Frankie...I did it wrong AGAIN!!! :mad:
I need step- by -step directions on EXACTLY what I'm PHYSICALLY doing, right after I decide that I want to include another person's quote. ;) I'm what you might call "Computer Challanged"! :D
Frankie, you don't nesserilly have to be my "IT" guy, anyone else that has the PATIENCE to deal with me can help...oh and Frankie, thank you so much for "trying" to help this "challanged" individual out! graemlins/thumbsup.gif

pjbs35a
12-21-2001, 12:07 PM
Frankie...I did it wrong AGAIN!!! :mad:
I need step- by -step directions on EXACTLY what I'm PHYSICALLY doing, right after I decide that I want to include another person's quote. ;) I'm what you might call "Computer Challanged"! :D
Frankie, you don't nesserilly have to be my "IT" guy, anyone else that has the PATIENCE to deal with me can help...oh and Frankie, thank you so much for "trying" to help this "challanged" individual out! graemlins/thumbsup.gif ~ Mary graemlins/mickey.gif <hr></blockquote>

I must have left out something:

1. Click on the quotation marks at the top of the reply you want to quote.
2. When you do that, you should have a new reply box with the quote in it.
3. Just scroll down past the [/QUOTE] and type in your reply.
4. Click on "Add Reply" and that should do it.

pjbs35a
12-21-2001, 01:37 PM
Well...........any luck?

brer frog
12-23-2001, 09:08 PM
As far as i know you can't quote quotes. You can only quote what the poster has typed not the quote and what they typed.

TheRealEvilQueen
12-26-2001, 01:25 PM
<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by pjbs35a:
Well...........any luck?<hr></blockquote>

I don't know...did it work???

TheRealEvilQueen
12-26-2001, 01:27 PM
graemlins/muscles.gif graemlins/clappy.gif IT WORKED IT WORKED!!! graemlins/muscles.gif graemlins/clappy.gif

Maybe I just needed to get some of the Holiday stress unclogged form my brain! :D

Thank you so much for all of your help Frankie and the others of you who tried to help me as well)!!
Have a very Happy New Year! graemlins/party.gif

[ December 26, 2001: Message edited by: TheRealEvilQueen ]

[ December 26, 2001: Message edited by: TheRealEvilQueen ]</p>

imported_PolyGirl40
12-26-2001, 09:06 PM
graemlins/clappy.gif

Ed
12-27-2001, 09:44 AM
graemlins/muscles.gif graemlins/clappy.gif IT WORKED IT WORKED!!! graemlins/muscles.gif graemlins/clappy.gif <hr></blockquote>

Dontcha love it when a plan comes together ?? :D

Well done, Mary ! graemlins/notworthy.gif graemlins/notworthy.gif
________
SRX250 (http://www.cyclechaos.com/wiki/Yamaha_SRX250)

MKPlutoGuy
12-27-2001, 09:56 AM
graemlins/muscles.gif graemlins/muscles.gif Yeah!!! graemlins/muscles.gif graemlins/muscles.gif

TheRealEvilQueen
12-27-2001, 12:34 PM
graemlins/notworthy.gif I'm not worthy! I'm not worthy! graemlins/notworthy.gif

Thanks for the praise guys, but I couldn't have done it without my good firends on INTERCOT! graemlins/mickey.gif

Have a HAPPY NEW YEAR! graemlins/party.gif
~ Mary