PDA

View Full Version : Intercot Radio question for Intercot Staff

mjstaceyuofm
08-29-2001, 12:45 PM
Where did you folks get all that great music to put into the live365 broadcast? Is any available for download? I'd love to have some of the music for sounnbytes on my computer... (only if it's legal that is - you know what I mean, I'm not into internet stealing)

------------------
MATT

-DVC Member since '96-
-Always in need of a Splash Mountain fix-

JohnY
08-29-2001, 12:59 PM
Unfortunately, it is not available for download as music sharing is a violation of copyright law. The music comes from the Walt Disney World Forever Kiosks which used to be prevalent through the parks and now are increasingly hard to find, along with albums that have been released by disney over the years.

For now, you will just have to listen to INTERCOT radio.

I'm glad to hear you enjoy hearing the music!

------------------
John Yaglenski
Chairman & Chief Imagination Officer
Intercot & Webdisney
[email protected]

"...tomorrow's Horizons are here today"

*** Next Up ***

Old Key West - Yaglenski Family Gathering - Summer 2002

mjstaceyuofm
08-29-2001, 01:05 PM
Thanks John! I understand the legality issues.

It must have cost a fortune to get discs made at the kiosks considering the great variety of music you have...

It's easy to listen at work with a T1 connection, but it doesn't work so well at home, even with a cable modem...

Yes, I do enjoy the music. I especially love the "What are you listening to?" questions from people that come into my office at work...

------------------
MATT

-DVC Member since '96-
-Always in need of a Splash Mountain fix-

JohnY
08-29-2001, 01:06 PM
You might want to try WebDisney Radio at home... it is set up to stream better over slower connections and actually goes deeper into INTERCOT's vaults http://www.intercot.com/boards/smile.gif

------------------
John Yaglenski
Chairman & Chief Imagination Officer
Intercot & Webdisney
[email protected]

"...tomorrow's Horizons are here today"

*** Next Up ***

Old Key West - Yaglenski Family Gathering - Summer 2002