PDA

View Full Version : size of coolers allowed in parks???

goofiecrazy
08-09-2004, 02:17 PM
OK we have decided to bring a cooler with us to bring in sandwiches and juice boxes for the kids while there. My ? is this I bought a soft cooler that will hold 20 cans of soda and has little pockets on the side and on top and came with 2 water bottles.. I am thinking it should fit in the bottom of the stroller hopefully..but does Disney have a size limit for coolers??? and what is the size limit??

goofiecrazy
08-09-2004, 02:20 PM
sorry We will just be using the cooler for sandwiches and juices nothing else so should fold somewhat into the bottom of the stroller..

grimley1968
08-09-2004, 03:31 PM
I could be wrong, but I thought coolers weren't allowed at all in the parks.

MNNHFLTX
08-09-2004, 03:41 PM
Theoretically, Disney does not allow coolers in the parks. That said, I've seen people with small soft-sided coolers big enough for a few sandwiches and couple of drinks (or maybe a few baby bottles) and the Cast Members allowed them in without a problem. A lot of people also just carry these items in backpacks and such. I wouldn't recommend bringing a large cooler (if 20 cans of soda fit in it, it might be too large) as they might not allow it in.

I recently went on a field trip with my son's 6th-grade class and although they used to allow the teachers to bring in coolers for kids' lunches, they no longer allow that. So they might be getting stricter about enforcing the "no cooler" rule. graemlins/mickey.gif

TikiGoddess
08-09-2004, 04:04 PM
We were at WDW last week and made it into the MK with a cooler the same as you described. We had our 18 mo old daughter with us, so we had water bottles, juice, milk bottle, snacks... and they let us in with no question. It did fit nicely into our stroller.

Hope this helps!
TikiG

rt207
08-09-2004, 05:20 PM
Here is the policy posted by Main Street Jim in a previous post (you'll have to scroll down, after clicking on the link, for his post.... coolers in the parks (http://www.intercot.com/boards/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/topic/1/8366.html) .

[ August 09, 2004, 05:23 PM: Message edited by: rt207 ]

Main Street Jim
08-09-2004, 11:32 PM
Well, that was just a generalization of the policy.

Here's the *official* cooler policy for each of the parks:

Disney’s Animal Kingdom
Disney-MGM Studios
Epcot
Magic Kingdom
# Small coolers (that one person can carry) that will fit into guest lockers are allowed. Coolers will be inspected for glass and alcoholic beverages which are not permitted.

Water Parks (Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon)
# Coolers are permitted, including wheeled coolers
# No wagons are allowed
# No glass containers or alcoholic beverages allowed
# No storage areas for coolers

Disney's Wide World of Sports
Coolers are allowed in at Disney’s Wide World of Sports® Complex. However, alcoholic beverages and glass containers are not permitted. (Please be aware that these rules may be different at the various off-site facilities.) The Cooler Policy is subject to change anytime without notice.

[ August 09, 2004, 11:34 PM: Message edited by: Main Street Jim ]

MNNHFLTX
08-10-2004, 05:53 AM
Thanks for clarifying the cooler policy, Jim. graemlins/mickey.gif