PDA

View Full Version : After the parks close

Nick
04-24-2003, 07:39 PM
When the theme parks close for the night, what do you all do? One thing I like to do is go to Downtown Disney for a few hours. Also, I like to go to Fantasia Gardens Mini Golf. Some of the hotels are very nice to see at night, for example, Disney's Boardwalk. Nights are so cool, even without the parks.

HOORAY FOR DISNEY!! WOOT! graemlins/muscles.gif graemlins/mickey.gif graemlins/muscles.gif

Carrousel Lover
04-24-2003, 07:44 PM
We enjoy walking around the resort grounds

singermom4
04-24-2003, 08:15 PM
Have dinner at another resort and explore that resort. One our favourite after-park experiences was exploring AKL and then having dinner at Boma.

Sinewiz
04-24-2003, 10:08 PM
I enjoy going to the Boardwalk for dinner then just walking around and checking out the street performers that are often out there. Its just such a nice laid back feeling there, that makes it easy to wind down after a long day at the parks.

Mickey052501
04-24-2003, 10:14 PM
I LOVE to go to Downtown Disney to go shopping, then after catch La Nouba, or walk around Pleasure Island! :D

Bmwdsny
04-24-2003, 10:21 PM
AHH, you just bought me back memories, When i was a kid, i remember after the park closes, my parents and my siblings and I used to stop at the Fort Wilderness place where you make your own pizza and bring it back to our room...

We, now depending on the type of day we had and the time it closes, if the kids are still hype, the kids go swimming at the resort pools, while my hubby and i relax at the Hot Tub!!! Sometimes we simply walk the resorts grounds...Otherwise, right to bed and get moving again the next morning for another day at the park!!! graemlins/crazy.gif

Darbylew
04-24-2003, 10:38 PM
We enjoy having dinner and then heading back to
our resort - love walking around the grounds and
stopping at the gift shop. Sometimes we are so
tired at the end of the day that we just want to
crash. graemlins/sleepin.gif

vic
04-24-2003, 10:49 PM
We enjoy spending time at the resort we are staying. Go for a swim or walk the grounds. It's peacful and relaxing at night. :cool:

Disneywarrior
04-24-2003, 11:35 PM
We always stay in the parks till the last minute so it is usually pretty late or early depending on how you look at it. We go back and play in the arcade, swim, or just crash.

Jared
04-24-2003, 11:41 PM
We usually don't too more than explore our resort or swim after the parks. Sometimes we'll make the trip to Downtown Disney. smile.gif

Disney-4-Me
04-24-2003, 11:53 PM
We usually stay until the park has cleared of most people then leisurely walk to the exit. We end most days at the Magic Kingdom so we ride the small launch back to our resort, walk along the beach, change our clothes, then go swimming. When we have been off season and the parks close early, we go to Downtown Disney.

DisneyWizard
04-25-2003, 12:40 AM
I'm going to move this over to the Nightlife forum. That's where all of the Disney night-owls hang out. graemlins/mickey.gif

marlyn
04-25-2003, 08:25 AM
SLEEP! graemlins/sleepin.gif graemlins/sleepin.gif graemlins/sleepin.gif

WedWay Peoplemover
04-25-2003, 09:52 AM
Parks?

You mean THEY HAVE THEME PARKS at Walt Disney World?!?!?!

Translation: I spend most of my time at Disney resorts... I LOVE them all!

vizsla
04-25-2003, 07:34 PM
We like to go to Downtown Disney and Pleasure Island. And some nights we lounge at the resort pool and have a view graemlins/beer.gif 's.

disneynarula
04-26-2003, 11:29 PM
We like to go to the Marketplace and have a pizza at Wolfgang Puck's. Then my mom and I brwose the shops and talk each other out of spending money on souviniers!!

darthmacho
04-27-2003, 12:39 AM
Originally posted by Carrousel Lover:
We enjoy walking around the resort grounds I agree, the resorts are as good as the parks sometimes!

CaptSmee
04-27-2003, 01:36 AM
Since i'm staying at The Contemporary Resort our next trip, i'm going to go to Epcot every night after the other parks close (short monorail ride away from the hotel!). It should be awesome!

Traditionally in the past, we spent our time after the parks close at Downtown Disney like everyone else.

CtrlAltDel
04-27-2003, 09:44 PM
PI graemlins/party.gif

Cirque graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Mini golf :cool:

House of Blues graemlins/clappy.gif

Sleeeep ZZzzZZZzzzZZ graemlins/sleepin.gif

much alcohol @ the resort lounge graemlins/beer.gif

gonk12
04-27-2003, 09:54 PM
If we didn't eat dinner in the parks, we like to check out one of the resturants in the resorts, then head over to DD, shop, etc. Then head over to PI and see who's playing jazz and/or go to the comedy warehouse. graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Eeyore2003
05-01-2003, 02:07 PM
Going back to the resort, watching "The Electrical Water Pageant" and going in the pool for a night swim.

Dawn,DeniseandDiane
05-01-2003, 07:16 PM
We love to shop at Downtown Disney and walk our resort. The BW is awesome at night! smile.gif