PDA

View Full Version : Jellyrolls and Atlantic Dance

Mary M
10-09-2002, 04:25 PM
I've never been to these two places. What are they like?

HooksLeftHand
10-09-2002, 09:46 PM
I can only speak for Atlantic Dance...

Did you ever see "The Rocketeer"? It's a 1940's-style dance hall, with an extensive bar and limited menu. Entertainment varies, but it's usually something of the swing variety. I believe nowadays they are concentrating more on "Latin" swing. I do know that bands such as Royal Crown Revue and the Squirrel Nut Zippers have performed there. People get dressed up to go, some decked out in retro zoot suits and the like. It is a popular destination for swing enthusiasts from all over central Florida.

dopey24
10-09-2002, 11:32 PM
I can't speat for Atlantic Dance but Jellyrolls is so much fun. It is a dueling pianos bar. you get to request the songs that you want them to play and the waitresses even teach you some silly dances. Definately some of the best fun on property.

winky
10-10-2002, 06:31 PM
Jellyrolls is a lot of fun. If you've been to the New York, New York hotel in Vegas, it is very similar to the dueling piano bar they have there. You can request songs too, but note that you need to tip pretty high ($5) to get them played.

WDWLori
10-13-2002, 08:36 PM
I love Atlantic Dance, the whole theme of the place is cool. I love the big band swing music. It's such a fun place. I know it's always a big hangout with the soap stars during the annual ABC Super Soap Weekend.

Mary M
10-17-2002, 04:27 PM
Does Atlantic Dance do any swing lessons, or am I relegated to watch from the side?

Tiggerish
10-18-2002, 10:59 AM
Last time I looked into it, which was admittedly a couple of years ago, they were giving half-hour group lessons a couple of evenings a week (I think it might have been Thursdays and Fridays) before the nightly entertainment began.