PDA

View Full Version : Parking Questions

leftear
04-18-2003, 04:01 PM
Is there any charge for parking at Downtown Disney? How about the resorts? Is there parking at all for the Boardwalk outside of resorts and theme park parking?

Also, is there a way to walk to the Epcot parking lot from the Boardwalk (without going through Epcot)?

jpcormier
04-18-2003, 04:05 PM
I believe that parking is free at DD. There is a fee for vallet parking at DD, I think $6. Vallet parking at DD is free for the diabled. (Anyone correct me if I err...)

Bouncy
04-18-2003, 06:21 PM
I concur. Parking is free at DD and valet parking is complimentary for the disabled. (at least this was true as of my last trip, fall of 2001)

goin2disney
04-18-2003, 10:18 PM
Downtown Disney is free. The resorts will give you a 3 hour pass in which you put on your dashboard if you are going to eat etc...And yes, I think the boardwalk is walking distance from Epcot. And the same goes with parking there-you get a temp pass for your dashboard.

Main Street Jim
04-18-2003, 10:27 PM
You can't walk to the Epcot parking lot (which is on the Future World side of the park) without going through the park from the International Gateway between the France and UK pavilions. The International Gateway *is* walking distance from Boardwalk.

Downtown Disney is free parking.

No charge to park at the resorts, but you will receive the three-hour pass as mentioned.

Mary M
04-19-2003, 04:44 PM
DTD parking is free, but limited, especially on the Marketplace end (where, unless I'm mistaken, all the buses are). Just keep in mind that finding a spot isn't easy at all at that end of things.

Main Street Jim
04-19-2003, 08:16 PM
Actually, the buses park in the much-larger Pleasure Island parking lot just out in front of Planet Hollywood, but out by Lake Buena Vista Drive. This is only during the bus drivers' shift changes, I believe, but maybe Ron'll be in here to clear that up.

Marketplace parking *did* get smaller because of where they built Once Upon a Toy, but keep in mind that parking *does* go all the way from Once Upon a Toy down to Westside and Cirque Du Soleil.

There are no longer any Westside resort bus stops; they only pick up and drop off at Pleasure Island (Planet Hollywood) and Marketplace (near Disney's Days of Christmas). The Marketplace bus stops are the first stops on the loop, then to the Pleasure Island side. After that, it's on to Typhoon Lagoon during its operating hours, then to the resorts.

WedWay Peoplemover
04-25-2003, 09:48 AM
Just a note

Valet parking has been discontinued at Downtown Disney.

Bummer.

Piglet822
04-25-2003, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by Main Street Jim:
Actually, the buses park in the much-larger Pleasure Island parking lot just out in front of Planet Hollywood, but out by Lake Buena Vista Drive. This is only during the bus drivers' shift changes, I believe, but maybe Ron'll be in here to clear that up.

I believe those buses are there to have for when it gets busy. (Now I'm giving away one of transportations secrets ;) )