View Full Version : tl surfing

NYRICHIE
06-21-2002, 03:26 PM
i was thinking of sending my two boys to
learn to surf program? ages 8/10 anyone have
info or review?thanks in advance.

EmisDisneyMom
06-21-2002, 03:52 PM
Surf clinics are offered on select mornings before the park opens. For information call, 407-WDW-SURF (407-939-7873). I hope this helps.

ebaynutkaren
06-21-2002, 04:14 PM
I was going to have my 9yo daughter do it this week. They recommend a real strong swimmer and they are 9 foot boards. No life vests (i think). I decided to wait a year because I did not want her to wipe out under water and be afraid of the water. We also had to arrive there at 5:45 am, with finding our own ride there, most likely a taxi. $125 for the lesson. I leave tomorrow for my vaca!!

EmisDisneyMom
06-22-2002, 10:16 PM
I came across some more info on surfing at TL. The class includes both dry-land and big w-wave instruction. The classes are available to Disney resort guest only and is scheduled for Tuesdays from 7am - 9:30am. As stated above the cost is $125 per person and the classes holf 14 students. Student must be at least 8 years old and strong swimmers (willing to prove it). I hope this also helps.

Figaro
06-25-2002, 11:06 PM
So we MUST stay at WDW Resort to be able to take lessons :: snaps fingers :: shucks, i dunno if my family would do that! I had wanted to learn to surf, and especially with all this Lilo And Stitch hype has made me want to more tongue.gif i could always try though! smile.gif

Lauren Smith
07-21-2002, 01:16 AM
I did the surfing lessons.I am 15 and it was hard for me. But in my lessons there was a 10 yr old who had done it a few times and was not staying at a disney resort. Its two hours... you get instructions on land first and then they put you in the water. There are usually two instuctures in the water with you to help you out. IF you have ever been to Typhoon lagoons wave pool.... the waves arnt that big when you are learing and they make you fall where the pool begins to get bigger if you make it that fall... You get to ride about 12 waves.... its very fun and worth it!

EmisDisneyMom
07-21-2002, 09:09 PM
The information I read was not official WDW documentation so if you are truely intersted then I would give them a call.