PDA

View Full Version : Comedy Warehouse

Thriller
04-18-2003, 05:59 PM
Hi,

What should I expect from this Pleasure Island club? Stand-up Comedians all-night long, or other?

And by the way: I'm 18. Can I get into this club anyway? Important question ;)

[ April 18, 2003, 06:03 PM: Message edited by: Thriller ]

BugeyedMuggy
04-19-2003, 07:14 AM
The show at Comedy Warehouse is very simular to the tv show "Who's Line Is It?". It's interactive improv. The two shows I saw were very funny. We brought my then 14yr old daughter, and she loved it. As for getting in, she was with an adult, so I'm not sure if you can just go in alone.

Maybe someone else can help with that.

faline
04-19-2003, 09:20 AM
At 18, you'll be able to get into most places within Pleasure Island though some clubs do require that you be 21. Here is more detailed information.
Pleasure Island (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/downtowndisney/pleasureisland.asp)

disneynarula
04-19-2003, 08:47 PM
I really love the Comedy Warehouse. The best thing about it is that since it is improv you never see the same show twice.

Thriller
04-20-2003, 05:16 AM
Thanks for the info all! I'll have to pay the warehouse a visit now ;)

JerseyMouse
04-20-2003, 03:59 PM
You'll have a great time at the Comedy Warehouse.

I was lucky enough to get on-stage in 1997, had a blast, and got an autographed pic of the cast.

tongue.gif

Womble
04-20-2003, 06:21 PM
Another graemlins/thumbsup.gif for the Comedy Warehouse. I saw the show eight times in a fourteen-night period, twice on one night and as disneynarula pointed out it is mainly Improv so every show is different.
One thing I did notice was the later shows were slightly raunchier, but not outrageous!

One tip! graemlins/idea.gif When they ask for suggestions don’t be shy!

Mary M
04-21-2003, 02:00 PM
Yeah, definitely go for an earlier show. We once went to the last show of the night and it wasn't as good. The crowd was totally blitzed, which meant the suggestions were not as good, and the cast experimented with different games, some of which worked, and some of which didn't.

JerseyMouse, you got an autographed picture? I just got a button when I was pulled onstage. Fooey. :D

Thriller
04-21-2003, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by Womble:
One tip! graemlins/idea.gif When they ask for suggestions don’t be shy! Errr, what? Suggestions? :confused:

Mary M
04-22-2003, 11:33 AM
They'll ask for a location that the scene will take place in, or music styles, or whatever they need for the game or scene they're doing. It keeps you involved and supposedly ensures that they didn't rehearse it beforehand.

If you want to prepare, come up with a few good locations for a scene, a few funky musical styles, and maybe some professions. And then be fast and loud when shouting them out.

'Guest' of the MasterControlProgram
04-24-2003, 01:59 AM
Unfortunately we missed CW on our recent trip, we were at E-Ride Night our last night and then we were too tired... had to go back to the room. But the other two times were great. Actually, the first time was the best, and the second time we saw it on the following trip it was not quite as good.

Definately different every time, but mainly the same "format" each time. Everyone waits outside for the next showing and people are seated and drink orders are taken. The seating is in little booths with bar stools and each booth has a clear view because they are arranged like stadium seating. Weird hybrid, hard to explain, but it works and you'll understand when you see it. At the very bottom are little tables for drinks and chairs (no booth). The people at the front of the line to get in get seated at the bottom and the last people in sit at the top.

We sat at the bottom the last time we went to CW (nearly first in line, but some local person with a big "know it all" attitude was camped out at the door! Geez...) and our first time was at the booth with "the phone." You see, there is a telephone on the wall in one seating area, and after the show starts (the guy at the bottom with the synthesizers plays an opening tune, once it was a funny parody of Pink's "Get The Party Started") it will ring. Whoever is lucky/unlucky enough to be sitting right next to it will have to answer it and talk to a show member. I sat two or three seats away from the phone my first visit! During the begining of the show the cast will ask for names of places, songs, styles, movies, you-name-it. Sorta like "mad-libs" where you give nouns, verbs, etc and then fill in the blanks. Well, the cast uses the audience input to generate unique sketches off the top of their heads. Or maybe they will have to sing a song they make up on the spot in the style(s) given using audience places/things as the subjects in the song. Never know what you will get! Could be funny or dumb. Improv is the key word to CW.

I think the funniest thing I saw was when they turned out the lights and then came through a stage door with just a flashlight and one of them said "Ah, Goofy 8,573! This must be where we parked!" The next funniest thing was at a late show where things started to turn raunchy. One comedian had to pick up where the other left the story off and his "character" was starting to be made to look, well, he got out of it by saying "but wait a minute, I can't %%%%% - I work for Disney!" Yes, Disney Corp. is a good target for jokes. Funny stuff. graemlins/mickey.gif

gonk12
04-26-2003, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by Mary M:
Yeah, definitely go for an earlier show. We once went to the last show of the night and it wasn't as good.I don't think the show times really matter, it probably depends on a lot of different factors.
In fact, I was going to suggest the later shows because the cast doesn't censor the performance as much. I've been to the CW show early in the evening a bunch of times. The last time i was there in March, I went to the last show which was definitely the funniest one I've seen yet!
Perhaps the fact that it was college spring break had something to do with it... (or maybe my drunken state? :eek: )