PDA

View Full Version : Best Club in PI?

ondraya83
04-01-2003, 09:56 PM
I was wondering which clubs were better than others at PI, kind of a must see and do list for PI. Last year my boyfriend and I went but we only did the comedy club. However this year, I want to take more advantage of it because I love to dance and I am going to try and get the boyfriend to also, even though he is a stiff on the dancefloor tongue.gif !!(no offense B)

ondraya83
04-01-2003, 09:58 PM
sorry...I didn't realize their is a similar discussion a few posts down

Kriss
04-02-2003, 09:44 PM
I think that the other post you are reading from below is a little bit different than what you're asking for. I hope I can give you some info on what to expect. My husband and I love PI. There is such a variety of clubs. If you are interested in dancing I think the name of the club is Motions. They play current and more popular music. Great for dancing. The Adventure's Club is hilarious. It's an improv show that is always a little different. 8 Trax plays music from the 70s and sometimes 80s lots of fun with great drinks. These are our favorites. Hope it helps. Have a great time.

AdventurerKim
04-12-2003, 09:49 AM
See The Adventurers Club!! It is too hilarious for words and an unforgettable experience.

See at least one show at the Comedy Warehouse! Each is different because it improv.

Both of these are a must whenever we go; even in three weeks when we'll only be there for a short 5 days as a mini-vacation.

Chip Carlton
04-15-2003, 12:58 PM
Do all of the clubs require that you only be 21.. or how many of them are 18 and older. I was wanting to take my girlfriend to PI and she's 21 but im only 19 so Im just wanting to know thanks

disneymomw_3boys
04-15-2003, 01:41 PM
I think the only club that is 21 and older is Maniquins (sp). And from what I saw the last time I was there (Oct 2003), how can I say this politicly correctly, Maniquins tends to draw the crowd who have an alternitive lifestyle :eek: . Quite interesting for a midwestern familyman to walk into that envirionment. What an eye opener graemlins/doubleeek.gif .

gregf71
04-15-2003, 03:00 PM
Another vote for the Adventurer's Club. I have never seen anything else like it anywhere. It is definitely fun and worth a visit.

Chip Carlton
04-15-2003, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by disneymomw_3boys:
And from what I saw the last time I was there (Oct 2003) How did you manage that? :confused: :confused: LOL Just Playing with Ya.

well thanks for the tip we will try to make it to PI then Thank You

MickeysGirl
04-15-2003, 09:04 PM
I would say that where to go depends on the type of atmosphere you are looking for. When I went in August 2002 and February 2003, I found the biggest crowds and the most "dance" music at Motion. I could have easily stayed there all night, if not for wanting a little bit of variety. Mannequins has more techno music and the revolving dance floor is great, but unfortunately, since Motion opened, the crowd just isn't there anymore. :( I always love 8-trax though, especially on Wednesday nights. That's 80s night there, and they play all 80s music, it's great! graemlins/party.gif

[ April 15, 2003, 09:07 PM: Message edited by: MickeysGirl ]

JabberJaws
04-16-2003, 06:08 PM
All depends on what you are looking for. I am a pretty horrible dancer graemlins/shakehead.gif so I prefer the more laid back clubs but here's a short lil list and summary of the best of the best ranked from best to worst in my opinion.
1)Adventurer's Club--go to the show RIGHT after the fireworks...it is one of the funniest things I have EVER seen!
2)The Beach Club--great cover bands (rock music), pool tables..video games...nice laid back atmo..NEVER busy
3)Motions--if you like being crammed shoulder to shoulder and you like all the so called "Pop" music that is played over and over again on the radio..then this is your place
4)Comedy Club--just a classic..what can I say
5)8-Trax--GO ON 80's NIGHT!! SO much fun
6)Mannequins--has a bit of a...reputation (I digress)...but the revolving dance floor is worth a look..pretty neat

Sinewiz
04-29-2003, 10:11 AM
I really enjoy 8 tracks though it really isn't one of the most popular clubs. I think you have to be from the flower child generation to really appreciate it. graemlins/smokin.gif

thelordof8TRAX
04-30-2003, 12:07 AM
First time poster to Intercot, and I'd like to chime in...

I would like to add to the chorus that recommends Adventurers' Club, Comedy Warehouse and 8TRAX.

I have great fun at all 3 places whenever I visit. The dancing, the humor and above all the people make it a great experience.

One more thing...I believe 8TRAX now plays 80s music every night, and not just on Wednesdays. At least that's what it says on the maps by the bus and taxi stops.

Sincerely,

John "thelordof8TRAX" Kilduff

Mary M
04-30-2003, 10:57 AM
All of the clubs are great. The biggest deciding factor is what kind of experience you're looking for. If you want to dance to techno (which is my personal favorite), then Mannequins is the place. The DJs do a great job of making a fun, interesting mix, not just a monotonous thumpa thumpa. I've not been to Motions cuz I'm not a big Pop fan. 8trax is a blast. The 70s and 80s stuff they play is all very fun music to dance to.

Every time we go to PI, we go to Adventurer's Club and Comedy Warehouse. We always have a great time in both places. I advise only that you go earlier in the evening, as the atmosphere changes as people get drunker, and sometimes isn't as fun, particularly at CW.

The only time PI isn't fun is when it's dead.