PDA

View Full Version : Disney Quest (again)

Tracy
07-05-2002, 08:43 PM
Hi Again graemlins/blush.gif

I have just a couple more questions regarding Disney Quest:

1) Are there any height requirements for anything there
2) Do we pay for anything once inside Disney Quest besides food and arcade games?

Thanks graemlins/mickey.gif

8 more days graemlins/clappy.gif graemlins/party.gif graemlins/muscles.gif

Donald_Quackers
07-05-2002, 10:16 PM
Actually, as far as I recall, you don't pay anything for the arcade games. However, all the times I've been to the Orlando DQ, I had an Ultimate park hopper that included admission and unlimited free play. I'm sure someone else here can shed some more light on this.

But if you're getting UPH tickets, they should still be the same. It was when I went in Feb.

As far as Height restrictions, I think that the Buzz game and cyber space mountain may have restrictions. I'm not sure what they are, however.

[ July 05, 2002, 10:18 PM: Message edited by: Donald_Quackers ]

DisneyWizard
07-05-2002, 11:49 PM
Yes, arcade games are free. graemlins/thumbsup.gif

If you make something, however, like a toy or a song and wish to own it, you must put some cash down in order to get it. They do charge you for things like that.

rbriskey
07-06-2002, 02:06 AM
-Buzz Lightyear's Astroblaster and Cyberspace Mountain both have a minimum Height Requirement of 51". Guests MUST meet this height requirement to ride.
-Mighty Ducks Pinnball Slam has a minimum height requirement of 48" to play on a moving platform "duck", however, guests who do not meet this requirement can still play by using the ADA station. (non-moving platform)

-Admission includes usage of all attractions and almost all games. The only games that cost extra are those on the 4th floor in the "Midway on the Moon". These games are prize-play, which means each game distributes tickets which may be exchanged for prizes. The food costs extra, and as DisWiz mentioned, any merchandise. You are welcome to play in the SongMaker booths and record a song, however there additional costs to buy the CD. Pictures from Animation Academy, Magic Mirror, Living Easels, and toys from Sid's Create-A-Toy also cost extra, HOWEVER, again, you can use the kiosks to design these items for free.

disneyboy98
07-06-2002, 02:23 AM
Hey, another DisneyQuest fan!!! Awesome!!!!

Anyways, the only height requirement that I could see was for Cyber Space Mountain. It's the one where you design your own rollercoaster and then ride it in a simulator. It is quite a turbulent ride so I expect that it does have a height restriction.

I doubt that there is one for the DisneyQuest Jungle Cruise attraction. You do need two or more people in the party that can steer the "raft." I went as a single and it was really hard. Anybody who maybe is too small can still ride in the raft with you, but paddling is another story if there's only you that can paddle.

As for paying. When I was there in May, you could get a day pass for under 30 dollars (adult, not sure about kids prices). This gives you unlimited play once inside DisneyQuest on all the attractions. Everything from Cyber Space Mountain, to Aladdins virtual adventure, to the arcade games (the ones that you normally put 25 cents to a dollar) that are scattered throughout DisneyQuest.

The way it used to be was that you would pay an admission price and then put credits on a card that you would swipe at every attraction. As your cridits on your card depleted you could get more credits added at several locations in DisneyQuest in exchange for more $$$. But that has all changed in the past year or so. Now, it's pay to get in, play till your hearts content, leave for a bit, then come back later and play some more.

TIP: In the back of the Birnbaums Walt Disney World guide 2002, there is a coupon for $2 off admission. I think this coupon can be used for a group of up to six people. You will have to double check cause I used mine the last time I was there.

Even the internet access at the Wonderland Cafe is included in your admission price. So, you can even write up a "live" trip report and tell us all how your vacation is going.

The only things not included would be things like from Sid's Create a Toy. Anything that you can create to take home with you will cost extra.

Hope that helped. Have a great time!!!!!!

Tracy
07-06-2002, 08:50 AM
Thank you all for answering my questions graemlins/notworthy.gif We do have the UPH tickets so it sounds like the only other things we have to pay for are things we want to purchase (toys, "prize play" games, food etc). DQ (I keep thinking Dairy Queen graemlins/mickey.gif ) sounds like a really cool place to spend an entire day (which we are planning on doing).

Thanks again smile.gif

Leaving 1 week from TODAY!!!!!!! graemlins/clappy.gif graemlins/clappy.gif graemlins/clappy.gif