PDA

View Full Version : Disney Quest

Tracy
06-26-2002, 05:41 PM
Hi

Are there rides in Disney Quest? I've never been there and don't know much about it. I know that my 2 1/2 year old won't have much to do but I have boys ages 8 & 6 and didn't know if there were rides or just games graemlins/blush.gif

marlyn
06-26-2002, 07:01 PM
There are rides, but not in the traditional sense of the word. It's all virtual...try this link:
Disney Quest (http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/waltdisneyworld/parksandmore/entertainment/entertainmentindex?id=DDDisneyQuestENT)

Swedish Cath
06-27-2002, 04:36 AM
It's not just video games. There are things you can "ride" on. For example the one where you design your own rollarcoaster and then "ride" it in a barrell simulator. Or the one on the white water rafts and then there's the one where you drive around in the little cars and fire footballs at each other. So many cool "rides" but can't remember any of the names, sorry.

Soccer Crazed
07-03-2002, 11:54 PM
I think your kids would really enjoy DisneyQuest. My favourite was the one where you design a rollercoaster and then ride it. There is also an exhibit where you can design a cartoon, regular arcade games, virtual magic carpet display, jungle cruise, where you sit in a raft and steer with oars with wheels on it, while seeing where you go on a screen. There is also some good restaurants.

T-Land Gal
07-04-2002, 12:25 PM
I tend to stay in the area of Pac-Man, Ms. Pac-Man, Frogger and Centipede!!!!

EmisDisneyMom
07-05-2002, 12:27 AM
Video Games
Create's Cyber Coaster - Design a rollercoaster go to a simulator and acually ride it (you DO go upside down if you have loops in you coaster ride).
Buzz lightyear's AstroBlaster - bumper car that let you shoot balls at the other drivers.
Mighty Ducks Pinball Slam - simulator type game where players stand on podiums and become balls for a pinball game.
Sid's Create a Toy - You create a toy on a computer with whatever parts you choose and then you have the option of actually purchasing the toy.
Virtual Jungle Cruise - get into a raft with large screen in front of it. Each person paddles and the screen responds to the paddling.
Pirates of the Caribbean: Battle for Buccaneer Gold - must be 31 inches tall. You and 5 other people battle pirates on a virtual ship.
Aladdin's Magic Carpet - You wear a virtual reality helmet and fly on Aladdin's carpet.
Treasure of the Incas - You drive a remote control vehicle with a camera on it through a maze trying to find the treasure. The cars are under you which is a glass floor.
Song Maker - Create you own song and record it. You can purchase it if you like what you hear.
Animation Academy - Learn to draw a Disney character in this computerized animation class.
Magic Mirror - You take a picture of yourself on the computer then add crazy things to it to make it "special". You have the option to purchase it if you like it.
Living Easels - Paint a picture on the computer and then make it animated.
Ride the Comix - You wear a virtual reality helmet and hold the handle of a sword and "virtually" fight a comic villian.
Invasion! Alien Encounter - You and 3 other people enter a small room and have a large screen in front of you. You have equipment to fight a space war.

My 11 year old DD is giving me this info as I type I hope this helps out.

KenB
07-05-2002, 12:54 AM
We had an UPH ticket and we had a couple of hours to kill in the middle of an afternoon so we tried DisneyQuest. We had 13, 10 and 9 yr old girls, and a 7 yr old boy. All of the kids really liked it, especially my son. He is really into video games, etc... so he was in heaven. We only made it to the bottom three floors so I don't even know what is on floors 4 or 5.

Floor 3 has mostly video games but a lot of really cool ones. Your sons would really like those. My son loved them.

Floor 2 had a lot of creative-type things where they taught you to draw cartoons, you could build a toy, make a song, etc... My son didn't really like that area much.

Floor 1 had a few fun things like the raft ride mentioned above and a car-maze that my son liked.

My opinion is that if you have a few hours to kill, it is a pretty neat place. Especially if it is already included in the price of your ticket. We spent about 2 or 3 hours there and barely did half of it. Oh yea, your sons might be too short for the bumper car ride. My son was and he is kind of tall for his age.

Have fun.