PDA

View Full Version : Best Waterpark for a 2 and 5 yr old??

Buddha
06-27-2002, 01:33 PM
Best waterpark for 2 and 5 year old?? Typhoon or Blizzard beach? Help with input. Also, input on what I should bring to the waterparks. I know sunscreen and what not. How about a stroller? graemlins/notworthy.gif

Thanks
Dave

marlyn
06-27-2002, 01:43 PM
Typhoon Lagoon gets the vote as the most family friendly! It has something for everyone! :D
Don't know about the stroller bit, my kids are school age.

By the way Welcome to INTERCOT! :D Anything you need to know you will find here!

[ June 27, 2002, 01:45 PM: Message edited by: marlyn ]

lea676
06-27-2002, 08:37 PM
Yeah, I would definately say Typhoon Lagoon is the way to go. Blizzard Beach is more intense slides, and Typhoon Lagoon is more calm and tame. I am also not too sure about the stroller thing, I am the baby of my family and I am 15! hehehe! Have a blast...

Disney-4-Me
06-28-2002, 07:24 PM
Another vote for Typhoon Lagoon! My boys loved it when they were little. There are a lot of things for them to do.

I don't think I would take a stoller though. There is a lot of sand in most areas and not only will it make pushing hard, you will also have to do a lot of cleaning of your stroller afterwards. If you don't want to carry the younger child at all though, you might take an umbrella stroller because it will roll through the sand easier than a bigger stroller.

Kaxtell
06-28-2002, 07:36 PM
My girls both liked Typhoon Lagoon better, but they are now 21 and 25! My son in law can't wait to go to Blizzard Beach in FEbruary. Loves the snow, you know.

My preference -- Typhoon Lagoon.

Have a great time -- but remember your sunscreen!

227 more days until graemlins/mickey.gif

Jared
06-30-2002, 08:06 AM
Another vote for Typhoon Lagoon here. Blizzard Beach is a lot more of a thrill slide park, and is designed for teenagers and adults. Typhoon Lagoon is definitely the most family friendly of the two water parks.

EmisDisneyMom
07-02-2002, 03:05 PM
I am going to have to be the odd man out and say BB. I feel there is more for the little ones to do at BB and they can actually enjoy the wave pool and not get beat up by the waves. My 4 year old daughter felt a lot more at ease when se was at BB kiddie area.

DisneyTeen
07-02-2002, 03:09 PM
I would have said River Country, but since that is not up and running, I am going to go with TL, just because of crowd size and the little doughnuts.

K8screen
07-03-2002, 05:59 AM
I much prefer the theming at Typhoon. Blizzard is a brilliant idea, but close to, it just looks a liitle too much like a load of white concrete to me. I love the little coves and areas of sand at Typhoon, and find the whole place much more pleasant and relaxing. I dont agree with the guide books who say that it is impossible to get lost at Typhoon. Its very possible for me! Every time I go I return at least once to wherever we have left our stuff to find someone has stolen all of it! After a minute or two of blind panic I find it all safe and sound in the next little section, where we had actually left it.

sunlyon
07-03-2002, 10:39 AM
I would have to vote for TL also. There is more shade and it seems more laid back. The kid lunches are served in sand buckets so they can go dig in the sand. Do watch out in the wave pool. They want to go out as far as everyone else and yet it can be dangerous for them, since not everyone looks out for others when they are riding the waves.

I like BB also and there is more for the kids to do there, but with the lack of shade it can be brutal during the summer.

Whichever one you choose you will have a great time. (Remember sunscreen spf50!) graemlins/mixed.gif