PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for romantic night time activity

dd143
06-26-2002, 01:10 PM
My boyfriend and I are heading to the Beach Club for a 3 night resort only getaway for the 4th of July. Any suggestions on something romantic we can include in our stay?

MaryburkS
06-26-2002, 03:37 PM
If I remember correctly, the Beach Club has a really nice secluded hot tub area. The pools are wonderful too. I bet they'd be alot of fun in the evening.

Also, being that close to Epcot, I'd recommend taking advantage of that back entrance right by the Beach Club to wander around in the countries in the evening. My BF and I like the atmosphere of the World Showcase at night. It's very pleasant.

Have a nice time! smile.gif

DisneyWizard
06-27-2002, 11:51 AM
For some romantic suggestions in Walt Disney World found right here on Intercot, click here (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/adults/romance.asp). graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Buddha
06-27-2002, 01:26 PM
My wife and I went to Victoria and Alberts and then to the GF beach. If your not used to fine dinning V A is a little stuffy. Meaning your dress up and all. It is a wonderful meal.
My other sugguestion is the Californian Grill on the top of the Contemp. Get reservation near the time of the MK fireworks. They shut the lights and invite people out to the skywalk to watch the fireworks. That is very nice. graemlins/muscles.gif

marlyn
06-27-2002, 01:38 PM
Wow, Buddha, did you go to Victoria & Albert's 3 times or just accidentally triple post? ;) (just teasing)

To answer the romance question, a nice dinner at any World showcase restaurant and then a stroll around WS at night would be romantic. It is so beautiful at night. Perhaps a stop to listen to the lovely music in Italy and sip a cappucino by the fountain? Or go to France and pretend you are having a night out in Paris?
What could be more romantic than an evening in Paris or Italy?

Or you could just stay in your Hotel room (wink wink nudge nudge!! ;) )

Guinness
06-28-2002, 03:25 PM
I would get a late PS a t a world shocase eatery. After you eat the park will be empty and you can tak a noce walk, virtually alone, over to the boardwalk for some musical entertainment.

GrandFlo
06-28-2002, 09:28 PM
The walkway along the beach between the Poly and GF is really nice. You could have dinner at either resort and then walk to the other.

AmyKane
06-28-2002, 11:19 PM
Watch the water pagent from the beach at the Polynesian. That is romantic!!!

HooksLeftHand
06-29-2002, 11:39 PM
I recommend a swing-dance evening at the Atlantic Dance Hall (at Disney's Boardwalk)....it's even walking distance from your room at the Beach Club!

Figaro
06-30-2002, 12:06 AM
Perhaps, dinner (in Italy or France), then stroll the countrys? and then maybe that "special" time together, where you two talk and everyting, then a walk under the moon on the poly/GF beach.

[ June 30, 2002, 12:07 AM: Message edited by: Figaro ]

Jared
06-30-2002, 08:07 AM
How does a nice meal at California Grill with the fireworks, followed by a nice walk along the beach sound?

darthmacho
06-30-2002, 08:35 AM
Isn't World Showcase within walking distance of Beach Club? If so, I'd recommend a romantic dinner at one of their restausrants. (I'm thinking Mexico!)

disneygirl1976
06-30-2002, 03:28 PM
Don't forget - other great dining choices in MK for adults include Cindy's in the Castle with late PS - how romantic is that? And the Lady and the Tramp restaurant is wonderful as well. Have a great time :D

WDW crazy
07-02-2002, 06:20 AM
I agree with GrandFlo, Have dinner at either Grand Floridian or the Poly, and then take a walk between the two resorts! It is very beautiful and nice a quiet!

w.bob
07-02-2002, 08:56 AM
I have been trying to get information about a carriage ride offered at The Tri-Circle-D Ranch, located at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort and
Campground. I understand they are fairly new. The cost is believed to be $30.00 for a 45 min ride. They are given in a handsome carriage similar but even nicer then the type in Central Park in NY. I have compiled this info from other post on these boards and would appreciate any more info others may have. I am planning to take my DW on one in Nov.

luvindisney
07-02-2002, 09:27 AM
Since you said it was a resort only vacation, I assume you won't be traveling into the parks. May I suggest a couple of things that I think would be very romantic?

graemlins/idea.gif I think that eating at the GF and strolling along the beach and the pathway to the Poly is a great idea.

Another one would be to make PS for Artist Point at the WL and stroll along the grounds at night. It would be like you were in the Northwest at a resort with the animals, stars and geysers. :cool: graemlins/mickey.gif

Of course you can always order in and spend a special night with just the two of you in your resort and maybe a late night dip in the pool or hot tub. ;) graemlins/blush.gif ;)

Those are just my suggestions.

EmisDisneyMom
07-02-2002, 02:37 PM
In room dining is always romantic especially if you have a balcony. Any of the beaches that the Electical Water Pageant passes by. Lay in any hammock on any of the beaches and watch the stars. Having dinner at Palio's at the Swan resort. A strolling violinist or guitarist is there Tues. - Sat. Dinner at Bistro de Paris - Epcot/France. Dinner at Citricos - Grand Floridian Resort. Shula's Steak House - Dolphin resort listed as one of the top 10 steak houses in the US. Victoria & Albert's - Grand Floridian 5 Diamond restaurant and formal dress is required. Fireworks cruise.