PDA

View Full Version : How Many Hours Should We Plan on Spending at Typhoon Lagoon

Susie in NM
05-18-2002, 11:28 PM
I am trying to decide how many hours to allot to spending at Typhoon Lagoon in July?? I read somewhere that Tuesdays were one of their less busy days so that is the day we want to go. We are planning to be at the Lagoon when it opens. I have 2 pre-teen boys who are interested in those sharks!! Thanks for your input.

Susie

Rhetoric2000
05-19-2002, 03:40 AM
If you are going in July then the lenghth of stay may just be determined by the early afternoon thunderstorms so I would certainly go with the 'early as possible plan.' I have always been able to spend an entire day in any of the water parks but have been equally as happy to stop by for 3/4hours.
Take plenty of sunscreen as some of the queues keep you in the sun.

HooksLeftHand
05-19-2002, 11:43 PM
I agree that you should go early, because you never know when rain will force you to leave.

The water parks are (in my opinion) kind of expensive, so when I go, I like to spend as long as possible there. You can do all the slides in a relatively short time, but I like to do them over and over again. For me: I'd get there around 10 and leave around 3 or 4.

You can lunch, nap, and goof off if the slides get to be too much for you!

ll MaJiK ll
05-20-2002, 01:15 AM
For me: I'd get there around 10 and leave around 3 or 4.
I agree. 10 am to 3 or 4 pm is perfect. ;) After a while, the attractions get monotonous. graemlins/doubleeek.gif

STeVo
graemlins/thumbsup.gif

[ May 20, 2002, 01:16 AM: Message edited by: ll MaJiK ll ]

Claytonia
06-01-2002, 02:54 PM
Admittedly, it wasn't terribly crowded when we went on May 22 (a Wednesday), but we were able to do everything that we wanted to do (including eating lunch and simply relaxing) from 11:00 to 2:00ish. If I had water-loving kids with me, though, I could definitely see making a day of it. smile.gif

EmisDisneyMom
06-02-2002, 12:18 PM
We spend 1/2 a day there during non-peak times so I would agree that 3/4 of a day and you will be ready to leave. Be advised that concrete gets REALLY hot so bring something for your feet.

holiday
06-02-2002, 02:56 PM
One thing I saw from being at both water parks last year, is if you get there when the park opens, you can get your spot, then head for the slides. Lazy river is much more enjoyable when you don't have so many people - much more lazy!

Then by the time the park gets really crowded - about 1130a-noon, you can chill out by the wave pool, eat lunch, whatever. By about 2-3p the park seems to thin out again.

I guess what I am saying is those first couple of hours are the best!! graemlins/crazy.gif

Jillpie
06-05-2002, 10:05 AM
We seem to spend from about 9 (opening) till about 2 or 3 pm. But it really depends on what you feel like doing there. The last time we went to BB, it was for the afternoon. I looked at my watch and "all of a sudden" it was 4 pm and we had to go. No time for the lazy river...the time flies when you're there. Its so much fun. If its a day off from the parks, just relax and leave when everyone has had enough. Its exhausting, so I wouldn't plan a big night ahead.

EvaBryan
06-05-2002, 10:41 AM
Make sure you read the next edition of the Insider - I wrote a piece comparing BB and TL and gave some tips for both parks. smile.gif

One of the tips I mentioned was getting there early! We arrived each day well before 10AM - and there were several hundred people there along with us. By 10:30AM most of the lounge chairs were taken and lines build up. Arriving early allows you to make the most of your day.

We loved TL - and you should consider taking a whole day to see everything and repeat your favorite slides. Also allow some time for rest and relaxation - you will need time to reapply sunscreen, lounge on those comfy chairs and eat some lunch.

We leave both TL and BB around 4PM - and felt like we had a great day!

Eva graemlins/mickey.gif

AndrewJackson
06-05-2002, 12:14 PM
The most important thing is to get there when it opens, which will probably be at 9:00 in July. Then stay until you have had enough sun, or the thunderstorms roll in.