PDA

View Full Version : Swim with the sharks?

2PrincessesMom
05-26-2002, 07:29 PM
My DD5 wants to swim with the sharks at Typhoon Lagoon. I read in a guidebook that children have to be 10 years old to do this. Is this correct? I want to let my DD know before so she is not disappointed while we are at the park. :confused:

imported_PolyGirl40
05-27-2002, 08:48 AM
Children under 10 must be accompanied by an adult. There is an entire page in reference to restrictions in Info Central. smile.gif

Link to WDW Restriction Page (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/park/rideheight.asp)

MORTIMER
05-27-2002, 09:41 PM
I took my then four year old through shark reef last year.

EmisDisneyMom
05-28-2002, 03:13 AM
My DD was 5 on her first trip through. As long as your child can wear the required face mask and breath through the snorkle without freaking out (my DH can't...he freaks!!!) then they will be fine. Have a GREAT trip!

figgie
05-28-2002, 12:10 PM
Please note that the water in the shark pool is very cold. When you get in, move to the side of the entrance area and get used to the water before starting to swim. I lost my breath the first time and had trouble with breathing through the snorkel. Now I take my time to get aclimated and have no trouble at all.

Claytonia
06-01-2002, 03:09 PM
I agree with getting used to the cold water. If you and/or your DD have never been snorkeling before, I also suggest actually putting on the snorkel and practicing breathing with it before you get in the water. It helps you get used to breathing normally with this big plastic thing in your mouth. ;)