PDA

View Full Version : Questions regarding first day..

disneyfun02
05-25-2002, 01:36 PM
Our trip is getting closer (only 24 more days graemlins/muscles.gif and I'm beginning to think of a lot of questions. We will be arriving around 10:30am at ASMusic and I'm wondering where we should go first.

I was thinking about going to RFC at DD, and then doing some shopping. Does this sound alright?

Also, I was wondering where is the best place to buy personalized goh badges, autograph books,and pens,etc. This is my DD5 first trip (and also were going during her birthday) so any advice to make it really special would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Laura

[ May 25, 2002, 01:37 PM: Message edited by: disneyfun02 ]

DisneyDog
05-25-2002, 02:05 PM
If your daughter has never been to Disney World, and you want to make the trip special for her, go to the MK first. It will set the tone for the magic you wanted her to experience graemlins/mickey.gif

disneyfun02
05-25-2002, 07:39 PM
I was planning to go to Magic Kingdom later in the day since we have a PS for dinner at Crystal Palace. But I might decide to go earlier depending on how we're feeling after the flight.

Thanks for the reply DisneyDog smile.gif Anyone else with suggestions?

Laura

wendy*darling
05-25-2002, 09:45 PM
You'll be able to get autograph books just about anywhere- at the All Stars gift shop, in any of the parks and at DD. Make sure you get a chubby pen- it's easier for the characters to hold.

I believe Guest of Honor badges are sold on Main Street in the Magic Kingdom and on Hollywood Blvd at MGM.

If you are planning on going into a park on your first day, then I would not go to DD that day. Check into your hotel, unpack a bit, look around and maybe even have a swim.
Then head right to Magic Kingdom. graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Since it's your daughter's birthday- don't forget to stop at City Hall (on your left in the Magic Kingdom, just after you pass under the train station) and get her a special (and free) "It's My Birthday" pin.
Magical things will happen for her with this pin on graemlins/mickey.gif

HooksLeftHand
05-26-2002, 01:40 AM
MY family always went straight to DD on our first day there...we could relax, look around, and get excited for the rest of the vacation, and then we'd hit the MK on the next day, when we'd have all day to spend in the park.

If you choose to do this, you could get some initial souvenier-buying done...World of Disney in DD has autograph books and pens!

disneyfun02
05-26-2002, 01:10 PM
Thanks everyone for your help. I'm definitely going to get her a birthday button at MK.

Do you think that if I mention her birthday at check in they might do something special for her?

Laura

Jillpie
05-26-2002, 09:27 PM
If you mention her bday at checkin they will usually send her a card, with a picture of the characters with their signature on it, its really cool! This past trip they also sent some balloons to our room, but I can't guarantee these things...its just part of the magic and you'll just have to wait and see. But do mention it, everywhere!