PDA

View Full Version : What is an E-Ticket?

homer
03-01-2004, 11:44 AM
My sister read in a Disney book something about an E-Ticket. She told me that for $13.00 you could get this ticket so that you could stay in the parks one hour after it closes.
Can someone tell me about this??? Thanks.

pjbs35a
03-01-2004, 11:58 AM
Click here for INTERCOT Info Central (http://www.intercot.com/themeparks/tickets/enights/default.asp)

AndrewJackson
03-01-2004, 01:19 PM
The link posted above will give you all the info needed. When WDW first opened, most of the rides took an additional ticket, A-E, besides the gate price. The best rides required the E-Ticket. The phrase has stuck, and that it what is referred to for the E-ride Nights.

I have purchased them three times, twice when the parks were not busy, and once when they were busy. I found that when the parks are not busy, than the E-Ride Night is not either. It is a great experience. My wife and I purchased them on one trip without the kids, and we enjoyed just walking MK in all it glory at night, then enjoying some ice cream in the quiet.

When it was busy, it really was not worth it. Most of the lines were in excess of 30 minutes.

[ March 01, 2004, 01:21 PM: Message edited by: AndrewJackson ]

Main Street Jim
03-01-2004, 09:19 PM
E-ride nights are also limited to 12,000. It's for resort guests only, and I think they are very worth it if you're staying on property.

Womble
03-02-2004, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by Main Street Jim:
E-ride nights are also limited to 12,000. It's for resort guests only, and I think they are very worth it if you're staying on property. Jim when was the last E-night at MK?

Kevin AKA Womble

Main Street Jim
03-02-2004, 10:04 AM
Ummm...ya know...LOL...I'm not real sure. I wanna say probably last November or so.

Late November/early December has the MVMCPs, so there were no E-ride nights, and we haven't had one since then.

I have no idea when the next ones are scheduled.

Womble
03-02-2004, 10:18 AM
Thanks for the quick response Jim! graemlins/thumbsup.gif

I thought that was the case about the E-nights, I’m still hoping they will have some in May.

dwdart
03-02-2004, 12:38 PM
i was just wondering about E Ride Nights.
i hope there will be some in june.

i read that it is for 3 hours after park closes.
i don't know if 1 hour would be enough.

anyone know for sure.

david

Irishjig
03-02-2004, 09:18 PM
I made some reservations for dinner yesterday and I asked about the E-Ride nights in May...the guy I spoke to said that he doesn't really see any reason why they wouldn't have it at that time. It's usually the best time for them out of the year and there is enough people who would want to do it. When I did the E-Ride night last year there were probably around 100 people only, so it's hard to say what they will decide, especially with everything that's going on with the company. I'm going to be there May 19-25...keeping my fingers crossed! graemlins/clappy.gif

Main Street Jim
03-02-2004, 09:41 PM
David, where did you see it was only for one hour...? They run for 3 hours, you are correct there.

Irishjig...only *100* people...?? You sure about that? Almost NOBODY...?? You sure that's not 1,000, or even 10,000? 100 seems TOO low a number. I would think they would possibly cancel if they only sold 100 tickets :confused:

dwdart
03-02-2004, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by Main Street Jim:
David, where did you see it was only for one hour...? if you read the first post i think homer said one hour.
i knew i had read 3 hours somewhere and i just wanted to know what was correct.

david

jefmblrd
03-03-2004, 07:46 AM
The E-Ride nights last for three hours after the park closes, and all the times we've done it, it's been well worth it, especially in the days before Fastpass, but still today.

We have done it during some of the busiest times of the year--Easter week and never had a wait of more than ten minutes and most of the time it was get off and get right back on. One year on Buzz Lightyear, they just let us stay in the car because no one was waiting and we drove around and did the ride about 5 times in a row without ever getting out. It was great.

One of the nice things about E-Ride nights is that it takes the pressure off during the day because you know you'll be going on the major rides later that night. So, it gives you time to do other things at the parks or resort during the day.

I've always found them to be well worth it.

homer
03-03-2004, 02:21 PM
This is 'homer', that is my cat's name but hey, I had to come up with something! ;o)
Anyway, I found out the E-Ticket times for March, April and May but still need to know,

Where is the current E-Ticket info? I was directed to: http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/calendar/parkhours.asp
And this doens't say E-Tickets, just park hours. I feel pretty silly but where is this info. at?

Thanks for all the great info.!

Cheri AKA homer