PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Romantic Things To Do

Dreamer7080
02-22-2004, 09:37 PM
With Valentines Day recently passing, I was just wondering what everyones favorite romantic things to do at WDW are!

Personally, I love going to the POLY beach and sitting on a hammock watching wishes and the castle change color across the lake. smile.gif

darthmacho
02-23-2004, 12:00 AM
There are a lot of romantic things to do at WDW, some of which I have been lucky enough to partake in on my three trips, mostly on my honeymoon.

Here are some of my experiences:

1. Mexico Pavilion: Dining at San Angel Inn, riding El Rio Del Tiempo, drinking margaritas while listening to a live mariachi band, under a faux star-lit sky. Enough said.

2. Dining at Artist Point with a window seat, allowing a view of a waterfall, surrounded by a flower-filled courtyard, with the smokey, woody, smell of the grill filling our nostrils.

3. Dining at the Maya Grill: Okay, another dinner, however, also another window seat, this time with a view of the full moon rising over the lake, with a Mayan pyramid as a backdrop.

4. Watching Illuminations: Hand in hand with the music, fireworks, and whole show.

5. A wonderful first night at the Wilderness Lodge: I really can't elaborate on a family oriented board, however, let's just say champagne was involved. ;)

LoriMistress
02-23-2004, 01:49 AM
Just watching a firework show, or eatting at a very nice restraunt, or even standing by Cinderella's Castle.

MousePassion
02-23-2004, 02:21 AM
There's many romantic things at WDW and so many personal favorites of mine,but I'll list a few smile.gif
1.Strolling hand in hand along the water at POFQ in the moonlight

2.Taking the boat at night from POFQ to DTD

3.A room at AKL overlooking the pool and Savannah beyond.

4.Watching Illuminations from a private boatcruise

5.Finding an overlooked little nook or cranny in Epcot.

6.Strolling through the rosegarden in Epcot.

7.Breakfast in bed at any resort :D

I have many,many more smile.gif

Sander
02-23-2004, 07:51 AM
My favorite is having dinner at Victoria & Albert's. smile.gif

Nancyjae
02-23-2004, 12:25 PM
My husband and I are leaving in 17 days for what we are hoping to be one of these romantic getaways! We are celebrating our 10th anniversary and going "kid-free"! We have a private boat for the fireworks, a carriage ride with champagne at Port Orleans and the "re-hitching" ceremony at the Garden Grill (on our actual anniversary!) all lined up! We're like 2 little kids, we call each other at work and say "we should do this..." or "what about this..." We lay in bed at night and giggle over all of our plans.....we just can't wait!!! graemlins/clappy.gif

Beast25
02-23-2004, 01:04 PM
For my DW and I there are several romantic things to do. If I had to pick a few:

for one thing, just going to WDW is romantic for us but...

Watching "Wishes" together
Walking anywhere in Epcot together.
Sunning ourselves laying out at WL hand in hand.
Dinner in LeCellier, France, the outdoor cafe in Mexico.

Ok, there's too many to list.

MaryburkS
02-23-2004, 02:42 PM
Vanessa, we too love to sit in the hammocks on the Poly beach and watch Wishes. It's heavenly.

The World Showcase at night is also very romantic as it's a little like wandering around the world together.

Disney might be for families, but it's also for couples. There's no place like Disney World to be in love. smile.gif

Jeremy Wilcox
02-23-2004, 03:03 PM
Le Cellier and Illuminations

or

Cuddling on the TTA and taking a little nap (but no more than that - there ARE cameras there)

Jeremy

aerosmith_tinkerbell_chic
02-23-2004, 05:24 PM
Watching the fireworks in front of the castle at night @ MK! or a spa day is always cool or if you are staying at a deluxe resort you could rent a boat...or parasailing over the lake is really beatiful. there is also a wedding chapel at the grand floridian hotel/spa that overlooks the castle and lake. there is tons of romantic things to do at WdW you just have to know ur taste! ;)

benny_huddy
02-23-2004, 08:19 PM
I think Illuminations is very romantic as well as watching fireworks over Cinderella's castle. I totally agree with the Mexico pavillion statement made by darthmacho, i also think the cuteness of its a small world and el rio de tiempo is a nice bonding thing.

Preston & Amanda
02-24-2004, 12:07 AM
I proposed to my wife on February 2, 2003 and did some of those activities that I have read. I took my wife to be at that time on a suprise road trip to Disney World, I got the concierge room at the Grand Floridian which was amazing. You opened the back door to our room and we had a straight shot at the kingdom, like a post card. Next was a shopping spree at the shops of the Grand Floridian for attire for the night. After getting all decked out for the night, a private cruise on the old chris craft boats to watch illuminations under the bridge at EPCOT. A quick ride back to the Floridian with a special delivery from Mickey, flowers and a stuffed dopey doll. Walk down to the Victoria's and Alberts with the best dinner ever with my wife, a six course meal, with a pre-dessert special meal: Silver platter with red rose petals and one long stem rose capped with my wife's engagement ring. Just some things Disney has helped me do. Of course the next day was spent around Disney World. graemlins/clappy.gif

aldisneyfan
02-24-2004, 10:11 AM
My wife and I stayed at CB on our honeymoon 8 years ago and we really enjoyed just lying in the hammocks and drinking champagne.

HallandNash
02-24-2004, 11:36 AM
An excellent choice is dinner at California Grill and then watch the Magic Kingdom fireworks from there. It's awesome graemlins/thumbsup.gif , but a little pricey for those on a budget.

[ February 24, 2004, 11:45 AM: Message edited by: HallandNash ]

DisneyWizard
02-24-2004, 12:31 PM
Here (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/adults/romance.asp) is an article from INTERCOT's Info Central on romantic ideas. smile.gif

kimballWDW98
02-24-2004, 12:43 PM
My DH and I love to take a leisurely stroll around World Showcase. We stop every so often at the countries to sit and take in the atmosphere.

15 DAYS UNTIL THE MAGIC!!!!!!!!!!!!

poohbear813
02-24-2004, 01:12 PM
I think it's romantic when my husband agrees to take me to disney for the millionth time when he is not a Disney fan. It makes the whole experience that much more romantic. graemlins/clappy.gif

WDW Addict
02-24-2004, 02:36 PM
Watch the fireworks and water padgent parade from the Poly beach.

John D
02-24-2004, 02:48 PM
I love it when my wife and I emerge from the train station area onto Main Street and walk towards the Castle hand in hand. It doesn't matter that we are pushing a double stroller, we are on our honeymoon all over again. graemlins/blush.gif

Only 207 more days!

RSGBSG2002
02-26-2004, 05:40 AM
Most Romantic Moments!!!

Magic Kingdom: Any "cuddle ride" and anything involving Cinderella's Castle

Epcot: Illuminations,Spaceship Earth, and Dining in France

MGM: Telling your girl she's cuter than Jasmine graemlins/rotfl.gif

Animal Kingdom: Face it; romance is dead in the animal world :D

Resorts: Waking up at the GF and holding your woman in your arms as you stare at the window, knowing you are together, in love, and in the happiest place on Earth.

In case anyone's wondering; the most romantic part of Universal Studios is when Jaws pops out of the water. graemlins/rotfl.gif graemlins/rotfl.gif graemlins/rotfl.gif

*Liz*
02-26-2004, 06:16 AM
Originally posted by RSGBSG2002:
Most Romantic Moments!!!

Magic Kingdom: Any "cuddle ride" and anything involving Cinderella's Castle

Epcot: Illuminations, Spaceship Earth, and Dining in France

MGM: Telling your girl she's cuter than Jasmine graemlins/rotfl.gif

Resorts: Waking up at the GF and holding your woman in your arms as you stare at the window, knowing you are together, in love, and in the happiest place on Earth. Ahh, you are the sweetest BF in the whole entire world and I can't wait for our WDW trip to happen! :D And I love you too. graemlins/mike.gif