PDA

View Full Version : Super Soap Weekend and crowds

liz
08-07-2003, 04:16 PM
Hi. I just realized that part of my November stay at AKL will be during Super Soap Weekend. Can anyone tell me whether this is a major event? Will the crowds be noticeably larger at Disney Studios? Thank you.

pjbs35a
08-07-2003, 05:02 PM
"All My Children’s" star Susan Lucci (Erica Kane) will headline the lineup of more than 30 stars from the ABC daytime dramas November 8-9, 2003 at the eighth edition of ABC Super Soap Weekend at the Disney-MGM Studios in Walt Disney World Resort, Lake Buena Vista, Florida.

Throughout the event, fans will have the opportunity to meet favorite stars from the four ABC Daytime dramas -- “General Hospital,” “All My Children,” “One Life To Live” and “Port Charles.” Fan festivities include celebrity motorcades, autograph sessions, game shows, interviews and the chance to purchase one-of-a-kind memorabilia from each of the shows. The elaborate, star-studded event also features live musical performances by several cast members.

The event is included with admission to the Disney-MGM Studios. A special ABC Super Soap Weekend vacation package is also available. For the latest updates, guests may call the ABC Super Soap Weekend Hotline at 407-397-6808.

Altair
08-07-2003, 07:01 PM
Crowds at MGM will be large, but waits for the attractions won't be bad. Most of the crowd follows the soap stars around. graemlins/mickey.gif

NJDad
08-08-2003, 05:46 AM
Last year was the most crowded ever. (Maybe those that stayed away in 2001 decided to try the next time).

Studios closed both days during the weekend at some point due to reaching park capacity.

Crowds big everywhere (for November that is).

My advice, if you can't switch dates, is to try to do the Studios and MK before or after the weekend and do AK and Epcot during the weekend. Get to the parks as early as you can and do the most popular things first.

imported_PolyGirl40
08-08-2003, 08:34 AM
Can anyone tell me whether this is a major event? This is the 8th year and it is a big event. They're running the commercials constantly during the daytime on ABC already.

FLDisneyMom
08-08-2003, 09:28 AM
Like the other posters said, the crowds are big but the lines for the rides are short. We went last year with a 2 months old and a 2 year old, and we did nothave any problems getting onto the rides. We just stayed away from the areas were they have the soap stars. The only thing that is different those days is the normal afternoon parade does not happen. The soap stars have there own parade.

If you can I would stay way from MGM that weekend and just hit it another day or your vacation. Either way I would not worry about it to much. ;)

vizsla
08-08-2003, 07:05 PM
We went to MGM on our last of our trip last year when Soap Star Weekend began. It was very crowded, but as mentioned the wait time for attractions were almost nil. The worst part about it was fight your way through the crowds to get to the next attraction.