PDA

View Full Version : spectromagic start to finish

LiloLovesTheKing26
07-22-2003, 10:33 PM
how long would you say it takes to see spectromagic? I saw it last year but have already forgotten! lol!!

JPL
07-22-2003, 10:45 PM
I believe the actual parade is about15-20 minutes long but if you get a spot early this can add to the time

TiggerRPh
07-22-2003, 11:09 PM
Remember the parade doesn't start everywhere at the same time...so it would depend too where on the route you are. Unless you're at the beginning of the parade, I'd allow 30 minutes.

graemlins/mickey.gif

[ July 23, 2003, 08:04 AM: Message edited by: TiggerRPh ]

sleepycoconut
07-22-2003, 11:32 PM
My first post!! :D

I have another question about spectromagic. Where is the best place to view it?

JPL
07-22-2003, 11:35 PM
Welcome to the Wonderful World of Posting and Intercot graemlins/muscles.gif

The viewing area depends on personal preferences but I prefer the less crowded areas of Frontierland.

TyphoonTyna
07-23-2003, 02:42 AM
I have to agree. Frontier land is a really nice place to be. It is quieter there while you wait and the crowd from the Main Street have started to clear by the parade ends over by Frontier.

Goofy Pluto
07-24-2003, 12:06 PM
Yeah, but there's NOTHING like watching the parade while sitting on the curb on Main Street. It can't be beat!

Pesonally, I like to sit on the Emporium side of the street. You can see the parade coming around the enterance square and come around the corner. It's really cool. But anywhere on Main Street is FANTASTIC!

Zippa D Doodah
07-24-2003, 12:15 PM
We have seen Spectromagic twice. I think any spot would be great. Last time we were near the castle, sort of over where the walkway from the main circle goes over to Tomorowland. It was VERY crowded because that was the only night of our stay they were having the parade. As an added bonus, we were in great position to see Tinkerbell fly that night.
The crowds that night were horrendous (mid-June). It took 55 minutes to get on a bus once we elbowed our way to the bus stop. I have serious doubts about whether I will ever do this again, but everyone should do it once.

David

Hog Wild
07-24-2003, 12:36 PM
I haven't seen Spectromagic since they brought it back! I remember as a kid sitting on the right hand side of the street( if you are looking at Cinderella's castle) and eating ice cream. My parents wouldn't let us have it until this time! It was great! We actually sat and waited for the parade! I hope to catch it this trip!

Karen

goofyfanatic
07-24-2003, 04:30 PM
Karen,

Are you thinking of my old time favorite "The Main Street Electrical Parade"?

I didn't think that Spectromagic was around before. Maybe I am wrong graemlins/crying.gif

It does happen to me though

seth

Darbylew
07-24-2003, 04:42 PM
We like to watch the parade in Liberty Square.
We like to sit right in front of the Hall of
Presidents. We have to get there at least an hour
before the parade starts but it is a great viewing area for us. smile.gif graemlins/mickey.gif

Edzter86
07-24-2003, 06:26 PM
We'll combine a later dinner at Pecos Bill Cafe with an evening of Spectromagic. We'll watch from the pathway that leads to Splash and Thunder Mountain. When the last float passes, we'll head for the rides, and get a few rounds in with little lines.

valjane
07-24-2003, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by goofyfanatic:
Are you thinking of my old time favorite "The Main Street Electrical Parade"?

I didn't think that Spectromagic was around before. Maybe I am wrong graemlins/crying.gif
Main Street Electrical Parade was replaced with Spectromagic at one point-- then it came back briefly before being replaced again a few years ago. (Probably more than a few years-- I lose track!)

goofyfanatic
07-25-2003, 12:24 AM
I lose track also.

Sorry for the mistake. In my mind nothing can replace The Main Street Electrical Parade.

Seth