PDA

View Full Version : Monrail Captain room?

xipetotec
07-16-2003, 02:54 PM
Hey all, How much room is there up front with the monorail captain?

You see we're going with quite the gang, and I'd love for my kids to be able to be up front with the monorail pilot. Only how many can they fit up there? :rolleyes:

TiggerRPh
07-16-2003, 02:59 PM
It's been a while since we've ridden up fron,t but I remember it looking like it would probably fit 6 people.

graemlins/mickey.gif

DisneyAggies
07-16-2003, 03:02 PM
I think last time we rode they fit 4 adults in front.

kwboardwalkowner
07-16-2003, 03:11 PM
we had four adults and the driver and we had plenty of room.

Chip Carlton
07-16-2003, 03:16 PM
They allow 4 people to sit up front. Because when me and my g/f were already in the front waiting a family of 3 came up they said only 2 could ride up there.

Granny Jill A
07-16-2003, 03:22 PM
We also were told that only 4 adults could ride up front, but the driver let my granddaughter ride on my lap, bringing the total to 4-1/2! graemlins/laughing.gif

DisneyorBust
07-16-2003, 03:38 PM
We were 3 adults and 3 children. Only 4 people were permitted up front in the cab.

graemlins/mickey.gif

xipetotec
07-16-2003, 04:30 PM
Sounds good!
Gah, My problem ( and it's not that big a problem ) is that my cousin AND my aunt are both coming on the trip and they'll be bringing their kids ( 2 each ). I myself have 3... but *I* know to ask for it, so I think I'll clandestinely do so and get in there ;) ... if they want to do it for their kids on the way back, then so be it.

Main Street Jim
07-16-2003, 08:18 PM
As others have stated, it's four guests and the driver in the cab.

The *BEST* ride is from the TTC down to Epcot. You're looking at about a 10-minute ride, and the view is absolutely FANTASTIC - especially at night. If you go the other way, from Epcot to the TTC, and at the right time, you *could* possibly watch the MK fireworks from the Monorail cab graemlins/thumbsup.gif

The rides from TTC to the resorts, or from MK to TTC and back, are just too short. Also, be aware that on the Resort loop, each colored monorail is designated as a specific resort's monorail, which means if there's guests waiting to ride up front at that resort for that monorail, you must move to a car in the rear.

Jared
07-16-2003, 08:46 PM
I've neve ridden up front, but keep hearing great things about it. Can someone tell me what you can see from the driver's cab that you can't usually see and why? :confused:

Edzter86
07-16-2003, 09:44 PM
Jared,

Its basically like a front-row seat. You can see out the entire front window, not just the sides. You can also watch the driver operate the monorail if you want. It's a neat experience.

smile.gif

wdwleigh
07-16-2003, 11:06 PM
I've heard about this but have never done it. Do they always let people ride with them if you ask? graemlins/muscles.gif

joelkfla
07-16-2003, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by wdwleigh:
I've heard about this but have never done it. Do they always let people ride with them if you ask? graemlins/muscles.gif Almost always -- sometimes they won't if they're training a new pilot, testing new equipment or procedures, or it's raining very hard.

goofyfanatic
07-17-2003, 01:12 PM
DW and I actually got to ride in the front while they were training a new pilot. It was interesting because you really got to understand what the pilot has to do because the trainer was talking him through all of the procedures.

Seth

TyphoonTyna
07-18-2003, 05:50 PM
Hey why miss the chance to do anything new :D take in all that you can and enjoy the ride. Make as many memories as you can. Be A Kid and live alittle, you only live once! graemlins/mickey.gif

testtrackrocks
07-19-2003, 01:20 PM
Ive been lucky enough to ride in front and you really learn a lot about how it works, such as when it stops they are just waiting for another monorail to get a little farther away and that they shouldnt run the monorails with lightning because the tracks are basically like conductors. But ill let yall find out the rest, just when you get up to the platform ask if you can ride up front, just dont do it when im there or grrrrr graemlins/laughing.gif .

graemlins/mickey.gif 6 DAYS!!!!!!!!!! graemlins/mickey.gif

DisneyDudet
07-19-2003, 03:25 PM
Yes, just ask a CM when you get to the platform, and they will let you know if someone is already waiting and you can either wait for the next one or ride like reg. passangers. I would wait if you aren't in a hurry.

The best time to ride up front with no waiting is in the afternoon and early evening. There will be less ppl riding so there would be a better chance to get the front first.

Also, ask if they have any honorary pilot licenses... we have about 5 and they are so neat! Kids will love them.

We make it a priority to ride in the front at least once on every trip we go on. What we did this last trip was we actually set a day... our last.. and go resort hopping and ride the monorial all over. It was fun and a nice air conditioned way to say goodbye to WDW.