PDA

View Full Version : Is there time for Fantasmic AND Osborne Lights?

mrssalvaggio
06-03-2003, 12:06 PM
We are going to WDW in early Dec. The schedule looks like Fantasmic at 6pm, with park closing at 7pm. I don't think it would be dark enough to view before 5pm when we'd be seated. We've been to Fantasmic once, but I don't remember how long it went for. Would it be possible to exit Fantasmic and still have time to view lights on the way out? We've never seen them, but don't want to miss Fantasmic. Heard an awful rumor that they may not have lights this year(??).

Juliayn
06-03-2003, 03:18 PM
We were in WDW in early December and saw both Osbourne Family Lights and did the Fantasmic dinner package. The schedule was the same - Fantasmic at 6pm, with park closing at 7pm. Fantasmic was about 25 minutes and we then worked our way back to the Osbourne lights (a little tricky as were going against the traffic flow). Once at Osbourne, we wandered through at our own pace, no one rushed us to get out. graemlins/clappy.gif

The trickier part was getting out of the parking lot later as we had mistakenly driven. Only park I would not drive to again!

DisneyDudet
06-03-2003, 05:37 PM
Sadly, the Spectacle of Lights will not be there this year because they are building an auto stunt show. I'm sure a moderator will be around soon w/ a link. I'm sad b/c this will be our first xmas at disney.

Zebra
06-03-2003, 07:09 PM
Well, the stunt show is just a rumor as of now. I did speak to Jennings Osborne and he said the lights would not be displayed this year but they would return next year on New York St.

Joe, Sue and Joey
06-03-2003, 07:39 PM
We've been to the Osborne Light show twice and they were great. We are going to miss them this year. I hope they are just as pretty when they get their new home.

mickeyd
06-04-2003, 03:26 AM
To answer your question, there is time to see Fantasmic and then SOL (when it is there smile.gif )

We did it in 2001. When Fantasmic finished we wandered over to the Osbourne lights and wandered around. There was plenty if time and we were not rushed or pressured by CM’s to get a move on or anything like that. In fact it was a great way to finish our day at MGM. We were there for at least 45mins after Fantasmic. We could have stayed longer if we had wanted to.

imported_PolyGirl40
06-04-2003, 06:11 AM
I had the same question - as we'll be visiting Walt Disney World for the first time during the Christmas season. I started a topic on this very subject in the Vacation Planning forum. You may want to check it out. The gang there offered great advice.

Unfortunately it was all moot - as it looks like there will be no Lights in 2003.

Osborne Family Spectacle of Lights Strategy Advice (http://www.intercot.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=6;t=009848)

Zebra is correct about the Stunt Show. It is a rumor. However, something is indeed going in at the Studios. If you'd like to read more click here (http://www.intercot.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=8;t=003914).

Black Jack Shallack form Frontenac
06-04-2003, 11:34 AM
Welcome to Intercot mrssalvaggio !!!

graemlins/muscles.gif graemlins/clappy.gif graemlins/muscles.gif