PDA

View Full Version : Ginger pills

G
05-10-2003, 01:44 PM
My Sister told me that taking ginger pills will keep you from having motion sickness. I don't suppose anyone has tried this on the Body Wars ride? Did It work?

imported_PolyGirl40
05-10-2003, 02:21 PM
Beth (MNNHFL), who is a nurse, has also suggested munching on ginger snaps if you have bouts of motion sickness.

We haven't tried it as none of my family members suffer from motion sickness.

graemlins/mickey.gif

[ May 10, 2003, 02:23 PM: Message edited by: PolyGirl40 ]

Mendelson
05-10-2003, 03:04 PM
Though rides don't make me ill, non-drowsy Dramamine sure does help when I'm snorkling. It lasts a long time and you don't get sleepy, which is the most common complain about regular Dramamine.

Jeff
05-10-2003, 03:10 PM
Have not tried them on Body Wars (don't want to press my luck graemlins/sick.gif ) But both DD and I get motion sickness pretty bad and we have used them on airflights, alos have used ginger snaps. They sure seem to help us.

kungfoosally
05-11-2003, 12:48 AM
I use giger root capsules for just about anything involving calming my stomach. I have not found anything better! I use it for when i have eaten too much, indigestion, motion sickness, it works for it all! The stuff is amazing...and better than dramimine. I have even started getting fresh ginger root and cutting up small pieces and putting into my nightly cup of tea.. it just generally makes me feel good! The pill form that i get you can get just about anywhere. My recent bottle is from Wal-mart and the brand is Sundown. It is a powdered form of ginger in capsules. If you take it for the rides, i'd start taking it a day or two before you plan on going on the ride just to get it in your system. It has never failed me!

[ May 11, 2003, 12:55 AM: Message edited by: kungfoosally ]