PDA

View Full Version : BEST SHOWS FOR BOYS

TiggerTopper
02-19-2003, 08:50 PM
graemlins/muscles.gif Heading to Disney in May for 5 days - I have been before, but bringing three energetic boys, ages 8, 10 and 13 for their first time. Which shows will not bore them to tears graemlins/sleepin.gif I plan on Tarzan at AK, and am unsure which others to attend.

sgdisney
02-19-2003, 10:34 PM
I've only got one son, but he's spent two vacations at WDW at the ages of 10 and 12. Here's my suggestions of dos and don'ts as far as shows (and/or attractions, as some may be considered) go:

Dos:
Indiana Jones at MGM
Legend of the Lion King at AK (I think it's the best show in all of WDW!)
Tarzan at AK (lots of roller blading and high action)
Millionaire in MGM, Great fun for kids of all ages!
Hall of Presidents at MK (may be a little boring, but great educational show that's worth sitting through and a good place to rest!)

Also definite MUST DOS include Fantasmic at MGM and Illuminations at Epcot. I can't imagine anyone of any age not enjoying these!

Don'ts:
Beauty and the Beast and Little Mermaid at MGM, both are great shows, but definitely not in my DS's opinion! Next trip, I will do Beauty by myself!

Have fun planning and welcome to Intercot!

[ February 19, 2003, 10:39 PM: Message edited by: sgdisney ]

CaptSmee
02-19-2003, 10:47 PM
Indiana Jones at MGM --YES
Legend of the Lion King at AK --YES
Tarzan at AK --IFFY
Hall of Presidents --SKIP IT

Also definite MUST DOS include Fantasmic at MGM and Illuminations at Epcot. --YES graemlins/mickey.gif graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Zebra
02-19-2003, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by CaptSmee:
Legend of the Lion King at AK --YES
That would be Festival of the Lion King. Legend of the Lion King was the show at the Magic Kingdom which is being replaced by Mickey's Philharmagic.

DopeyBoy7
02-20-2003, 09:44 AM
Tarzan
Festival of the Lion King
Fantasmic!
Millionaire
Illuminations
It's tough to be a Bug

Disneywarrior
02-20-2003, 11:03 AM
Aside from the ones listed I would like to add Muppet Vision 3D in MGM and The American Adventure in Epcot.

Grace
02-20-2003, 11:22 AM
I would add Hoop-De-Doo Review. My son who just turned 11 (while at WDW, lucky kid!), loves this show. I think it's because he can eat like a caveman while watching it.

harperwi
02-20-2003, 11:51 AM
I think it would be interesting to know what you decide on Tarzan Rocks - whether you decide to take them or not.

The show is really pretty sloppy. There's a lot of disjointed elements - some character, lots of random performers singing Phil Collins, Tarzan and Jane performing Cirque-de-Soleil-like aerial acrobatics, and a bunch of high energy roller bladers jumping all over the place.

I think that's the reason you got some mixed answers on that show. I could see where high energy boys would think the bladers ROCK! But the dancing apes, the singers and the slow balletic (though definitely impressive!) stuff with Tarzan & Jane might shut them right back down.

If for any reason you're pressed for time while at the Animal Kingdom (not very likely since there aren't that many attractions overall compared to other parks), you might put this one last on your list and get there if there's time.

DEFINITELY don't miss Festival of the Lion King, and ITTBABug ! smile.gif

JoRy
02-20-2003, 12:42 PM
What about Honey I Shrunk the Audience? Might be too much for yournger kids, but the ages of your boys, they would probably think it was cool.

Munch
02-21-2003, 02:40 PM
Indiana Jones and any of the 3D shows. They are well done and I think would really appeal to boys.

Jared
02-21-2003, 03:49 PM
I bet they'd love Who Wants To Be A Millionaire- Play It! as well. They may not get all the questions right, but it's a neat experience to be involved with the game, especially if they've seen the actual show. smile.gif

EtteDMS
02-21-2003, 10:18 PM
My boys, now ages 13 and 20, have always loved Indiana Jones and the Epcot Illuminations Fireworks. And they love Muppet 3-D, including the hilarious pre-show and all the sight gags when you walk in, which they're good at picking up on (like A Net Full of Jello overhead).

AtlDisneyPHreak
02-22-2003, 07:47 AM
The Drew Carey sound show at MGM is fun.Both my 17yr.old and 6yr.old love this show graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Plus the other ideas given so far are good ones to see. Have fun in the parks! smile.gif

--------------------
Dave graemlins/mickey.gif

[ February 22, 2003, 07:27 PM: Message edited by: AtlDisneyPHreak ]