PDA

View Full Version : Indiana Jones extra...

HitchhikinGhost
08-28-2002, 09:26 AM
just a quick note that I had the opportunity to be an "extra" in the Indiana Jones show at MGM on Saturday (first show of the day). My kids always wanted me to try and get out there, but have been unsuccessful until Saturday...it helped being in the front row next to the sound booth...lots of fun and the costumes are crazy...I had to do the "sinister laugh" and apparently did OK since I had the whole place laughing graemlins/rotfl.gif including our "director"...anyone else try to get "on stage"?

boatboy
08-28-2002, 09:54 AM
I was on stage,with my wife, for the backlot tour. she was in the boat and i was the sub captain. It was really cool. We were just walking up to get in line and they grabbed us and pulled us back stage. not every day you get to dump 10,000 gallons of water on your wife!!

smcd
08-28-2002, 12:23 PM
My daughter's been picked twice for the Indy show!

And picked for the boat thingy at MGM...Actually she gets picked ALL the time!

She's been the dancing girl 3 times at HoodDee Do -

If you can get picked for it - she'll be the one! LOL!!

LarryBoy
08-28-2002, 01:42 PM
I got picked once for a show that I can't even remember the name of. It was the one where people would act out scenes from TV shows, and then they would stick the scenes into clips of the actual show. Can anybody remember the name of this show? :confused: I had totally forgotten about that until I read this post. I think the show might have had All-Star in the name? :confused: I sometimes get picked because I'm tall I think, you know I stand out in a crowd.

[ August 28, 2002, 01:46 PM: Message edited by: LarryBoy ]

Esmeralda
08-28-2002, 03:40 PM
I think that was superstar television.. I also got to be a castaway on Gilligan's Island while that show was running! They closed it down to put in Doug Live (my all time favorite... R.I.P Doug graemlins/crying.gif )

Now the theater is being used for "ABC Get Happy"... an air conditioned Commericial aimed at keeping Michael Ei$ner's job.. not that I don't want him to keep it- but c'mon a commercial as an attraction?!? How transparent can you be?? At least they give away some free stuff... graemlins/shakehead.gif

Jared
08-28-2002, 03:50 PM
That's so cool you got picked! No one in my family has ever been picked for any attraction. Congrats!! smile.gif

GhostHost28
08-28-2002, 04:16 PM
Although I have not been picked for the Indiana Jones show, I have been picked for the Backlot Tour with the boat scene (the original one). I was the one navigating the boat, and got really wet....although I did get my revenge on my buddy who I was able drench with the torpedo. graemlins/laughing.gif

Fibro
08-28-2002, 04:25 PM
I have also been in Indiana Jones. Its always cool to get picked i think I had to do the sinister lagh also I can't remember though its been about 10 years ago.

Also on that same trip there were four of us and we all got picked to be in the Monster Sound Show. That was the thing that had Chevy Chase and Martin Short in it and you got to put all the sound in the show. That was a blast since our whole group got to be in it.

And on our last trip we showed up at AK before opening and our son got to put out the parrots. This was really cool we all got to go into the park before everyone else and he finished before they let the rest of the people in so we headed for the safari ride and were the first ones there.

Altair
08-28-2002, 08:24 PM
Wear a loud flowery shirt to the Indy show, they always seem to pick somebody wearing one. tongue.gif

Disney-4-Me
08-28-2002, 08:54 PM
During the birthing of Innoventions, they had a flying carpet show experimenting with virtual reality. I got picked to sit on this motorcycle type of seat and wear VR goggles and simulate flying on a magic carpet.

It was so realistic I got motion sick! graemlins/silly.gif After we were finished we had to go backstage and fill out a questionaire about how the ride affected us. That was pretty cool! graemlins/muscles.gif

Brer Mickey
08-29-2002, 02:30 AM
I was chosen to be an extra in the Indy show in '99. It was way cool. I was the first person standing at the door to the Monster Sound Show in '97 and was chosen for the only speaking part in the show where Martin Short's character was looking through the peep-hole and sees the distorted face of Chevy Chase(or mabey it was the other way around). I don't even remember what I said but they let you make up your own line.

My son was chosen to be in the monster sound show on a different trip, and in '99, i believe it was, he was picked to be a part of the Festival of the Lion King.

It is pretty cool to watch your home videos and see yourself and your family members in some of your shows.

P.S. The guy in the loud Hawaiian shirt who always seems to get picked is actually a stunt guy for the show!

Spindrift
08-29-2002, 01:26 PM
I was in the Indiana Jones show and wouldn't you know it was the only day we left the camcorder in our room.

anm8r
08-29-2002, 02:25 PM
Back in 96 (I think) My brother and I were picked for the backstage tour - We were on the Big flying bee from Honey I Shrunk the Kids in the greenscreen demonstration. I believe this has since been dropped from the show.

DUMBOelephantGIRL
08-29-2002, 03:33 PM
I wanted to be on super star tv for ever. seeing it in 95 made me wanna do it but was kinda scared so i didnt then when i got the nerve to raise my hand they put doug there! i was so mad because i thoguht doug show was kinda dumb(sry to neone who likes it) i think the tv show is way better! So i was upset bout that

My sis got to be on millionare and got to 64,000!!!

Disneydol
08-29-2002, 03:59 PM
I was picked for the Indy show in June. I had warned my hubby and kids that I would stand on my seat if I had to to be picked!!! I didn't have to, but I was the first one to jump up and down when they started looking in our section. It's all on video, and man am I FAT!! HAHAHA

******A funny note******
There was a lady from a foreign country who was picked to volunteer as well. She was very friendly, and we stood next to each other on stage. When they are giving you directions, they ask you to give a "double thumbs up, that means everything's OK" Well, this lady looked over at me with a grin and said, "THAT'S not what it means in MY COUNTRY!!" We all were doubled over with laughter!! graemlins/rotfl.gif (Imagine coming to Disney and being asked to give an obscene or vulgar gesture???!!!) She did it anyway...What a great sport! What fun to meet and mingle with people from all over the world!

Doctor Seeker
08-29-2002, 09:01 PM
Somehow I get picked for these things all the time. (It helps to make a fool of yourself.)

Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular twice.

Monster Sound Show
102 Dalmations Sound Show

Superstar Television - That was my favorite. I got a pie in my face in a Three Stooges episode.
Doug Live twice

Imagineers Lab testing Magic Carpet ride

A magic show at Six Flags over Texas when I was seven. I was in a race to pop a balloon.

It seems that if you are willing to go to any length to be on stage, they will take that opportunity to make others laugh at you. graemlins/clappy.gif

Flower
08-29-2002, 09:13 PM
DH got chosen at MGM to do the blue screen scenario where he is on the bicycle peddaling like mad and taking cues from the CM.

Once they taped him on the bike they show it as you would see in the movies; with him riding the bike through city streets.

It was really neat! and we got to be in the front of the tour for the rest of it!

Terk24
08-30-2002, 06:33 PM
The person wearing the flowery or bright shirt that always gets picked at the Indy show is the planted 'extra'. The extra that is part of the show, but is there for comic relief as well.

TheInventor'sDaughter
09-02-2002, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by Altair:
Wear a loud flowery shirt to the Indy show, they always seem to pick somebody wearing one. tongue.gif graemlins/rotfl.gif graemlins/rotfl.gif graemlins/rotfl.gif

I'll have to try that next time!! graemlins/laughing.gif

My husband got hit in the face with a pie by the Three Stooges in Superstar TV show.

I got to sit at the bar at Cheers and talk to Woody or Sam or somebody as part of Superstar TV.

I too miss that show. It was a good one. Anyone know why they stopped doing it? Was it because they weren't ABC shows??? graemlins/ack.gif

smile.gif - V

evildrporkchop
09-04-2002, 10:41 AM
I was picked to be little joe from Bananza. Even though i did't have any speeking parts it was still fun to do it.
(the guy who would pick the people from the crowd was so "cheesy". when i went up there he asked me if i ever heard of ponderosa(referring to the ponderosa from bonanza)then he wispered in my ear "say the steak house" so i said it, only for the crowd to start laughing at me, thanks mister)
My brother also got picked to be the millionaire from gilligan's island. We still have the card that they gave you with what role you were to play. It's a nice little souvenir!