PDA

View Full Version : Parade Grand Marshals

mickeynuts
07-25-2002, 09:30 PM
What do you have to do to be Grand Marshal Family in one of the parades?
smile.gif Laura

Main Street Jim
07-26-2002, 12:19 AM
Get picked randomly :) Be around the turnstiles at about 7:30-8:00am....be around Splash Mountain about rope drop (9:00)...

Swedish Cath
07-26-2002, 06:22 AM
When we were in AK in May we got asked to be in the parade there. The lady who asked us said that it was just a random pick. I think they look around the area of the park where the parade starts so that's near the entrance to the Safari and in the village nearby. We were asked about 1½ hours before the parade started.

It was good fun!! graemlins/thumbsup.gif

EmisDisneyMom
07-26-2002, 01:40 PM
PICK ME! graemlins/muscles.gif PICK ME! graemlins/muscles.gif

MKPlutoGuy
07-26-2002, 02:18 PM
It helps to have a family t-shirt or something like that to distinguish yourselves apart from other guests. Ask City Hall, they'll probably know the best way. At Disneyland, I was chosen to be in the parade by just acting crazy...cartwheels, goofing around..anything to set you aside from everyone else. smile.gif

kansasteen13
07-26-2002, 03:46 PM
The Disneyland parade you they pick 45 guest since it was for 45th Anniversary and you have to have someone 18 and they have a bus and go through the Parade Route I have been in it 2 times and they were saying to peeps that you must have a Parent/guardian so I went up and said I did both times I got to personally Dance with character,but that Completely off topic and as for WDW it does help to Have same shirts and stuff and for the Animal Kingdom parade they choose alot for a bunch of floats and to be with Mickey.

RainbowBrite5486
07-26-2002, 11:45 PM
PICK ME FIRST!! COuld I do it just by acting stupid? And then get my family in if I got selected? That would be so awesome just ot be in the parade! But my family won't color coordinate... they're just not into that stuff!! HELP!! And, I'm good at making an idiot out of myself, b.t.w.

mickeynuts
07-27-2002, 10:30 AM
We once got picked for the monster sound show from the very back of the queue where we were not even paying attention to the guy picking. Both of us, both of my parents and our 1 year old all had on mouse ears, and the guy spotted us, said "oh that is just nauseatingly cute, get up here!" we got quite a few envious looks from people who were trying to be picked!
Guess I'll come up with some cute tshirts and we'll all wear our ears and keep our fingers crossed!
smile.gif laura