PDA

View Full Version : AK Awakening

buzzmle
05-14-2002, 07:48 PM
Hi,
Could somebody tell me if the Animal Kingdom still does the Awakening? I want to be sure that Disney hasn't cut it before I bust my future hubby out of bed graemlins/silly.gif Also, Do you think it would be a good idea to eat breakfast at Boma and then head over to Animal Kingdom for awhile? Thanks!
Em

imported_PolyGirl40
05-15-2002, 07:41 AM
Yes -- The Awakening takes place 15 minutes before the scheduled park opening time.

Boma begins their breakfast at 7 a.m. If you could snag an early time, Yes! The food is wonderful. smile.gif

michaelandmommylovedisney
05-15-2002, 08:06 AM
What is the Animal Kindom Awakening?
Thank You

imported_PolyGirl40
05-15-2002, 08:19 AM
Originally posted by michaelandmommylovedisney:
What is the Animal Kindom Awakening?
It's Disney's way of saying "Good Morning" to the Animal Kingdom.

The Awakening takes place 15 minutes before opening. Rafiki comes out and welcomes visitors. Thereafter, other characters arrive all dressed in their Safari attire. Some of the characters include; Rafiki, Mickey, Minnie, Baloo, Louie, Timon & Terk. Cast Members also come out with a variety of little animals.

It's a nice way to start the day, before entering the Park.

smile.gif

buzzmle
05-15-2002, 08:22 AM
Thank you so much PolyGirl40 !

ChipDale
05-15-2002, 12:37 PM
buzzmle - we just had breakfast at Boma on Sunday and went to the AK from there (only 5 min away). Depending on where you're staying, you may have to take a cab (or drive your own car) to the Lodge if it's early. We took a cab from the Polynesian at 6:45am for our 7:00am PS and it took about 15 minutes to get there.

RoosMomKanga
05-16-2002, 10:48 AM
We were there last Sat. at least 1/2 hour before opening, we were in line about 1/2 way between the gates and the ticket buildings. The most fun we had was seeing "Wes Palm"?! at about 20 'till. The "Awakening" happened at 10 'till and all we saw (and we had a good view of the whole area inside the gates- I have it on tape) was a little music, an announcement, and then a few (I think 4-but one was a kinda-cool AK puppet type bird- kind of like EPCOTS Tapestry butterflies, but not that neat) characters came out from the paths, but were still inside the gates. Then they opened the gates and we were by the characters within a minute or two (went to the rope drop down the main path). Didn't see any CM's with animals. It was kind of dissapointing I thought. If your going to try it, go really early and be at the front of the line, maybe there's more to see up front? I remember our last trip there being several Cast Members in cool AK animal costumes; one was like a lizard and he was perched on a rock near the entrance. Several other ones about. Nothing like that this time.