PDA

View Full Version : The clever little bits

mickeyland
06-15-2002, 03:38 PM
Just wondered what "little" surprise attractions everyone had come across - just so we can look for them this time. Just enough detail to find it - not to give the surprise away.

I mean things like the "personality trash-cans" that are sometimes out and about around Tomorrowland or AK's Conservation Station. Or the talking drinking fountains at Epcot (which were part of a thread here last week).

What else is there?

DisneyDog
06-15-2002, 04:10 PM
At Epcot, be on the lookout for what I believe is called the Trash Can Trio. They perform occasional shows in Future World, by the Mouse Gears shop. They come out looking like cleaning men, with trash cans, but it turns out they are musicians, and play the trash cans, can lids, and so forth as if they were percussion instruments --just like the broadway show Stomp. We've seen it a bunch of times.

It's not the most perfect musical performance you'll ever see, but it's fun and entertaining!

GrandFlo
06-15-2002, 08:20 PM
Last time I was there, AK had a talking Palm Tree. It was very funny.

Also, the street players at MGM are very funny. One time two of them sat next to us on a bench and kept asking us crazy questions. When we got up they followed us for about ten minutes. It was so funny. graemlins/laughing.gif

ChipnDaleGal
06-15-2002, 08:58 PM
Last week at MGM, we waited for the afternoon parade on the steps of the old Doug Show. There was a very funny man and woman that did a great "director casting roles in his film" act in front of us. It was very funny and helped our time melting in the sun go a little quicker. Very enjoyable! smile.gif

[ June 15, 2002, 08:59 PM: Message edited by: ChipnDaleGal ]

Jared
06-15-2002, 09:15 PM
Over at Epcot, all of the fountains in Future World are like attractions in themselves. The Leap Frog Fountains are located outside of the Imagination! pavilion, and watching them is so much fun! The big fountain in the back of Future World has shows every day, and those shows are absolutely magical. smile.gif

Claytonia
06-16-2002, 01:16 PM
Check out the Cinderella fountain near the castle. Notice the painting on the wall behind her. Then, stand about 15 ft. in front of it and get down on one knee so that you're looking at it from a child's perspective. Check out how the painting "fits" Cinderella now! smile.gif Also, be sure to stop by Tinkerbell's Toy Shop. Stand anywhere in the store for a few minutes and look near the ceiling. You might just see (and hear!) Tink flitting around! graemlins/mickey.gif

Sportster
06-17-2002, 07:34 AM
There was a really cool street show in adventureland with guys in island garb doing acrobatic stunts. The show was about 10-15 minutes and very enjoyable.
Also, the living statue in France in Epcot. And the twinkling fiber optic sidewalk in FW, Epcot.

DisneyTeen
06-17-2002, 09:33 AM
DeVine in AK is always great.

rosencrown
06-17-2002, 10:40 AM
It seems to me that in Mickey's Star Trader in Tomorrowland in the back off the store(the part that backs up to AE) you will get the sounds of the alien lurking around hoping to grab innocent shoppers.
Chad

cloud9
06-17-2002, 08:11 PM
While waiting in line for the pooh ride we were treated to the 4 guys with the striped outfits and brass instruments (name???). Anyhow they played the theme song to pooh and tigger's bouncy song. It made the time in line pass by much quicker.

Bouncy
06-18-2002, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by GrandFlo:

Also, the street players at MGM are very funny. One time two of them sat next to us on a bench and kept asking us crazy questions. When we got up they followed us for about ten minutes. It was so funny. graemlins/laughing.gif We really enjoyed the street players too. They had about 6 of them, all dressed very creatively. They did a "contest" among themselves to see who was the funniest. They each had to fill in the sentence below, using a different noun with the punchline. For example, if you used the noun "football", they'd say something like:

.... 99 "footballs" walked into a bar.....

And the bar tender said "we don't server footballs here. And the 99 footballs said:

"Fine, then we want our quarter back...."
(groan ;) ha ha )

And each person had to come up with a different punchline, with the play on words, keeping in mind that the bartender would never serve whatever "noun" you were talking about....

They were soooooooo clever. We were entertained for about 45 minutes. They went through tons of nouns, and they eliminated a player in each round.

I don't know what they were called, but I'd love to see them again some time....

TheRedHead
06-18-2002, 01:25 PM
A few years ago, my sister, my friend, and I headed down to WDW for a week or so. As we were passing through the american pavilon in Epcot, we spotted mickey in a shaded area near the resturant. Well, we are not ones to look out for the chacarters picture times, so we took this chance and got a picture with mickey....a few seconds later, minnie, donald, dale and pluto came out. They saw we were the only ones taking pictures and decided for a group shot with us. What a picture! It looks like a postcard. Just goes to show you to keep your eyes open and anything can happen at Disney World! ;)
OH MY, I almost forgot! I'm sure we all know these, but I thought these were kinda clever little out of the way places-
The gardens in the back of GB in Epcot.
The small church in Norway
and Sonny Eclipse

[ June 18, 2002, 01:31 PM: Message edited by: TheRedHead ]

UltimateDisneyFreak
06-18-2002, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by DisneyDog:
At Epcot, be on the lookout for what I believe is called the Trash Can Trio. They perform occasional shows in Future World, by the Mouse Gears shop.They're called the JAMMitors, and they perform Sunday through Friday at various times in Innoventions Breezeway East, that's to your left as you approach the Fountain of Nations.
Just to clear things up!

Tinkerbell23
06-18-2002, 04:31 PM
At AK, in Africa there is a group who play the drums and dance. They invite audience members to dance with them. They were really good and made us forget for a moment that it was 95 degrees outside. smile.gif

graemlins/mickey.gif

NancyWinSC
06-21-2002, 11:50 PM
Also don't forget the Living statues at Epcot
Ms Devine at AK
the talking palm tree at AK
The trashcans in the Electric Umbrella

Disney-4-Me
06-22-2002, 12:03 AM
graemlins/muscles.gif
I always liked walking by Darth Vader when I exited Star Tours on the ramp down to the store. I know he isn't there anymore but it was fun while it lasted. I am interested to see the new changes there.

The twinkling sidewalk areas in FW at Epcot are always a surprise at night.

I am amazed at the number of people that don't realize (or take the time to notice) that Cinderella's Castle changes colors at night.

SpecJoe Magic
06-24-2002, 02:04 AM
These four African-American men perform an excellent acrobatic show in a little area close to the Tusker House restaurant in the African section of the Animal Kingdom. I was amazed at the stunts they performed. graemlins/clappy.gif