PDA

View Full Version : Pleasure Island- attire?

Melisa
11-29-2002, 12:01 PM
Hello-
5 days and counting.. the packing has begun! A couple, 26 and 31. We plan on spending a few nights at Pleasure Island. Looking for what common attire is??
Thanks.

rbriskey
11-29-2002, 01:13 PM
There is no "dress code" per se, but normal dress standards apply (just like in the Parks).
Many people dress up (a little), as in clubwear, but others dress casually ala jeans and sneakers.
Have fun!

MScott1851
12-11-2002, 04:05 PM
You guys are exactly the same age as my husband and I, so maybe I can offer some help.

When we were there in September, it depended on the club you were going to. The people going into the Adventurers Club, Comedy Club, and Rock N Roll Beach club seemed to be dressed very casually, but we spent our nights at the BET club, Mannequins, and Motion. I wore black pants with a semi-clubby top both nights we went (on a weekend) and my husband wore khakis and a button-down one night, and black slacks with a clubby shirt the next, and we felt VERY at ease. Keep in mind that we go out a lot at home, though, and were also heading out to Church Street Station (which I recommend instead of PI and Citywalk) after an early evening at PI.

Contrary to what you will read here, there just weren't a lot of shorts and tennis shoes in the clubs we were at, maybe we picked a freaky time to go, but everyone was generally dressed like us..Feel free to email me for more info...I did a total critique of PI in my trip reports.

master_gracey
12-27-2002, 01:23 AM
Just remember its not always warm and toasty in FLA in January.

roryjulie
01-02-2003, 03:49 PM
when my BF and I went in May we dressed casual, but not sloppy or a s lightly as when we were in the parks.
graemlins/mickey.gif
You can wear a skirt, pants, etc. GO with what will make you comfortable in a club environment.
Its chillier at night, so I usually brought a cardigan.

My boyfriend wore jeans or khakis and a short sleeve button down... hawaiian shirts i guess.

And it is a lot of walking, even though it is a club area, so still wear comfy shoes .

[ January 02, 2003, 03:50 PM: Message edited by: roryjulie ]

Mary M
01-02-2003, 04:22 PM
I brought a fleece to wear over my clubby shirt and jeans and just tied it around my waist when we went inside clubs. I was delighted to discover that, unlike clothes I usually wear when I go dancing, it didn't smell like cigarette smoke!

Another bit of Disney Magic, I suppose.