PDA

View Full Version : Resort Lounges

LittleLady
08-13-2002, 03:49 PM
What are your favorite resort lounges and why.
Thanks in advance! graemlins/mike.gif

Guinness
08-13-2002, 04:41 PM
I like the lounge in the Grang Floridian, though I have forgotton the name. In addition to some nice views, they offer some premium selections for a special treat.

faline
08-13-2002, 04:51 PM
My favorite is the Territory Lounge in the WL. It just has a very comfy feel to me - particularly when I can get access to the couch on the end, get to throw off my shoes, and tuck my feet under me!

I also like Tambu at the Poly but we don't actually sit in the lounge. We sit outside the lounge where we can people watch and listen to the singer.

Another favorite is the Outer Rim at the Contemporary. This place has a wonderful view and is a great place to take a break between the parks and dinner.

SgtTigger
08-13-2002, 10:23 PM
While I am not a big lounge person we did like the Territory Lounge at WL. We had appetizers and then had a drink. That was the strongest drink I have ever had... graemlins/crazy.gif to top it off we were trying to find the Hidden Mickey in the ceiling. Boy was my head spinning... :D We did have a good time here though very relaxing........

graemlins/doubleeek.gif graemlins/mickey.gif

brewcrew26
08-13-2002, 10:59 PM
I've only been to the lounge at POR. I enjoy Bob Jackson's nightly performance on the piano. They also serve some really great frozen drinks and buffalo wings. I actually ate an entire serving by myself! graemlins/blush.gif

It was also cool 'cause they were playing the Packers game on the big screen during our trip!! Go Pack Go!! graemlins/mickey.gif

ChipDale
08-13-2002, 11:04 PM
My favorite is the Tambu Lounge in the Polynesian. I love the atmosphere and they make really good drinks and serve them in tiki heads or pineapples. graemlins/smokin.gif They also serve up a really good shrimp cocktail. graemlins/tasty.gif

Second favorite is the Territory Lounge in the Wilderness Lodge. Their Lodge Brew beer is really good. We like the atmosphere there too - very casual and relaxing. I've had their pizza, burger and other appetizers and they're very tasty! graemlins/thumbsup.gif

valjane
08-14-2002, 11:58 AM
The one at AKL (I forget the name) is nice, too. It's kind of dark and comfy, plus you can watch the happenings at Boma below and enjoy the ambience of a small waterfall.

The Outer Rim at Contemporary is nice, too, for the view!

boatboy
08-14-2002, 02:04 PM
I like the lounge at Dixie landings. the entertainment is phenominal. The bar is beautiful, and the drinks are plentiful. graemlins/beer.gif graemlins/beer.gif graemlins/beer.gif graemlins/beer.gif

faline
08-14-2002, 03:38 PM
I forgot Crockett's Tavern at FW. You can bring your drink out on the porch and relax in one of the rocking chairs there while you sip and people watch!

Flower
08-15-2002, 06:53 PM
Another vote for POR lounge! graemlins/beer.gif

A relaxing way to end the day, and the walk back to the hotel room is beautiful afterwards, very romantic!

WedWay Peoplemover
08-29-2002, 10:03 AM
The Boardwalk Lounge is great!!

it's based on board games..
so they have all kinds of games that are free to play...

my wife and I go there on the weekends, hit the water park til 2.... then drink and play chess during the heat of the day... then go hit World Showcase for the evening.

USE THE RESORT LOUNGES!!! they make your Disney Days soooooooo much more enjoyable and relaxing!

disneygoofball
08-29-2002, 04:36 PM
BrewCrew26, ANY lounge with a Packer game on is a GREAT lounge! woo-hoo! I myself was born and raised in God's country (that's Wisconsin to the rest of you unenlightened folk :D )

Anyway, I just had to throw some pixie dust your way because of the Packers comment. Their game against Cleveland was a little ugly, but turned out alright, eh? graemlins/silly.gif

brewcrew26
08-29-2002, 08:52 PM
Ooh, a displaced Packer fan in Michigan! Please tell me you don't cheer for the Lions...

Another cool place to watch games is at the ESPN Club. We got lucky in '98...The big screen had the Packers pre-season game and our waiter got someone to turn on a Brewers/Cubs game on the tv right above our table. So cool!

Originally posted by disneygoofball:
BrewCrew26, ANY lounge with a Packer game on is a GREAT lounge! woo-hoo! I myself was born and raised in God's country (that's Wisconsin to the rest of you unenlightened folk :D )

Anyway, I just had to throw some pixie dust your way because of the Packers comment. Their game against Cleveland was a little ugly, but turned out alright, eh? graemlins/silly.gif graemlins/mickey.gif

WDWLori
09-08-2002, 10:38 PM
I love the Bellvue Lounge in the Boardwalk. My sister and I always joke about the name because in New York City Bellvue is a Mental Hospital. I love the Boardwalk because of the 1930's-1940's theming. The big band music, the furniture, the wood, everything is so great. I also remember watching one of the games of the 2000 'Subway Series' from the Outer Rim Lounge in the Contemporary. It was fun because my mom, sister and sister's boyfriend are Yankees fans and my dad, boyfriend and I are Mets fans. We had no idea when we booked our trip that both NY teams would make it to the World Series.

[ September 08, 2002, 10:43 PM: Message edited by: WDWLori ]

JayDubs
09-08-2002, 10:57 PM
Not to sound ignorant, but I am relatively new here. What are these resort lounges you speak of? Is it just the lobby, or is it something different or special? Just curious!

graemlins/mickey.gif Jeff Walker graemlins/mickey.gif

FatherForce
09-10-2002, 04:39 PM
The lounge at the GF is sublime and relaxing. However, the Territory Bar at the WL gets my vote. Warm, inviting, and a delictible brew.

faline
09-12-2002, 06:35 AM
Jeff, the lounges under discussion are areas within the resorts where one can find an alcoholic beverage. The lounge is generally separate from the lobby area of the resort, though there are places where it can be hard to distinguish lobby area from lounge area such as at the Polynesian where you can receive service in the area outside the defined lounge.

Jillpie
09-12-2002, 09:35 AM
Jeff, welcome to Intercot! A "lounge" is a classier word for a bar. The Disney World resort lounges are classy though, they are a great place to sit with the family waiting for dinner etc.

AshleyY
09-13-2002, 01:06 PM
Hi! We had a great experience at the tiny lounge to the left directly off the lobby of the Yacht Club. (I'm so sorry I can't remember it's name :confused: ) We had the entire place to ourselves as most people were in the other Yacht Club lounge attached to the Yachtsman Steakhouse. The bartender was great. It was like having our own personal club. :D

darthmacho
09-13-2002, 02:13 PM
I've only been to Territory Lounge at WL while waiting for a table at Artist Point and Francisco's at Coronado Springs, where we sat and had pina coladas as we relaxed and absorbed the atmosphere. Both were very nice, but one note about the two lounges was that there wasn't the crowd that I was expecting, such as the young couples, or groups of adults waiting for tables like us, or just people relaxing.
Instead, they were both rather quiet at the time and you could tell that the few people in there were the diehard barflies that would seek out the nearest bar no matter where they went. They weren't falling over drunk, but just the lonely looking types that seemed like they would rather wallow in their drinks while their families were busy having the time of their lives in the happiest place on earth.
It wasn't a big deal, just not what I expected.