PDA

View Full Version : Sending Packages

Mandy
07-21-2002, 05:24 PM
I heard somewhere that if you sent packages to your hotel that they were delivered to the gift shop and you had to pick them up from there. Is this true?
Thanks for your help.

graemlins/muscles.gif graemlins/clappy.gif
4 MORE DAYS TIL FL AND AKL!!!!!!

[ July 21, 2002, 05:26 PM: Message edited by: Mandy ]

faline
07-21-2002, 06:33 PM
That's correct. When you purchase the item, they'll tell you that it will be available for pickup at the gift shop at your resort the next day after (and they'll give you the time of day they expect it to be there). I found the time it was to be delivered varied from resort to resort. You'll receive a receipt to show at the gift shop and be asked to sign a log indicating you have picked up your item(s).

This system worked well for us when we stayed at the CBR in May. We used several times while there.

EmisDisneyMom
07-21-2002, 08:57 PM
Make sure you don't have the packages delivered within the last 24 hours of your stay. When we were checking out in May my DH overheard a VERY upset lady in the giftshop yelling at the CM. She had bought things at the MK the day before and they hadn't made it to the giftshop yet. She had to leave to catch her plane and wanted them to mail the packages to her home. The CM was trying to get someone on the phone when DH left. I am curious to see how she got her items.

Disney-4-Me
07-22-2002, 01:49 AM
I found this to be an extremely convenient service. I have done this for years when I bought things at all of the parks (except AK) and have never had any problems. When you are buying something large or heavy, it saves the day. You don't have to decide whether to take it back to the room or fight the shopping crowds late in the day right before you are going back to your hotel.

The CMs have always been very helpful and polite, just listen to the instructions and don't send too late in your vacation like the above example... graemlins/shakehead.gif That person obviously couldn't follow directions because the CMs are always very clear about this.

betsyt82
07-22-2002, 07:30 AM
Yes to send to the resort is a nice feature. My favorite feature is have things shipped home from the parks. It may cost a little more but it is one thing that i do not have to pack and carry on the plane. If you do ship home KEEP you RECEIPTS handy..........The last time we were there our WDW train was not shipped and we had to call and track it down, abummer but with out the paperwork it would have been..........lets just say way more dificult than necessary.

Gotta Love the TTA
07-22-2002, 02:44 PM
Another tip on delivery to your resort:

Tell the CM you want this service before she begins to ring up your purchase. There is a bit of paperwork involved, and if you tell them after it's rung up, they have to start over.

You will get out of line faster, and the CM will appreciate your organizational skills.

Also--I think it is still true that your package will be delivered to your room if you are staying in concierge.

It is a great service. I hate carrying stuff around all day. (can you tell that I am a fanny pack person--NEVER a backpack!)

[ July 22, 2002, 02:46 PM: Message edited by: Gotta Love the TTA ]