PDA

View Full Version : Interactive fountains at the Marketplace!!

PrincessDana
06-23-2002, 01:00 AM
Do you plan on taking the kids to Downtown Disney for some shopping? If so, make sure you pack their suits. My DD (age 7) and I planned to go to DD for some shopping to take advantage of my DC discount and before we left I thought I remembered something about some kind of fountains in the Marketplace. I had her put on her bathing suit underneath her sundress just in case. After lunch and some shopping we wandered over to the Gourmet Pantry and THERE IT WAS!! A rather large, round area with holes in the pavement shooting water many, many feet into the air. My daughter stripped off her dress and off she went. She stayed in that water area for an hour and 45 mins and would have stayed longer!! My advice for you parents, get the shopping done and feed the kids. Then stop in at the Gourmet Pantry and splurge on a delectable treat for you, get a spot in the shade on a bench and turn the kids loose in the water!! They will have a blast and you will get a delightful rest and pure delight in watching them!!

CJDDS
06-23-2002, 08:14 AM
Gotta admit, I have enjoyed these fountains myself in my street clothes.

graemlins/blush.gif

SgtTigger
06-23-2002, 12:48 PM
When we were there on June 14th the fountain by the entrance at the market place by the Christmas shop was walled off and you could not see the fountain.

graemlins/doubleeek.gif graemlins/mickey.gif

WDW crazy
07-02-2002, 06:34 AM
That is really too bad if it is closed. This seems to be a favorite of all kids! You will find kids in there wearing bathing suits, clothes, and no clothes. They don't care what they are wearing!

EmisDisneyMom
07-02-2002, 02:40 PM
We always find time to play in the fountains. They are great for kids AND adults!!!

betsyt82
07-12-2002, 07:09 AM
That water spot is way cool DH stays with the kids while I get in some alone shopping time....grab those mini moments where I can really read and look at the merchandise without the low level begging from the kids. smile.gif
It is like the announcement for the WATER GAMES to begin when they see the fountain. Hope they are up and running in late October :D