PDA

View Full Version : Cirque Du Soleil

minniemoomoo
05-19-2002, 05:01 PM
We are going to WDW in June and thinking of visiting the Cirque du Soleil theatre. Anyone out there been? Was it great? Would you go back. We try to do something very different and fun on our week trip each year, this year I chose this? How about it? Thanks.

Beast_fanatic
05-19-2002, 05:42 PM
Welcome to Intercot! graemlins/muscles.gif

I've never seen Cirque du Soleil, but everything I've ever heard about it has been positive. graemlins/thumbsup.gif

I'm going to move this over to our Nightlife forum where you should get more responses.

You can use the link at the top of the thread to follow along. :D

SteveO
05-19-2002, 06:04 PM
The show is amazing. You will never see anything like it (unless you see a different Cirque show.) They blend music, acrobatics, lights, humor, sound into almost a dream-like presentation that will leavee you breathless. Even though it is expensive, I feel the show is well worth the money. It's a great addition to a Disney vacation.

Crow
05-19-2002, 06:12 PM
go go go. been twice & I would go again. I also heard there is a discount w Annual Pass

minniemoomoo
05-19-2002, 06:35 PM
Thank so much for all of your imput.We are very
excited about attending something new. Hearing that someone else has been there done that helps out very much. Thanks guys.

TiggTigg5jr.
05-19-2002, 08:13 PM
FYI friends of mine just got back from their honeymoon at Disney. They were in WDW for a week and werent able to get tickets. So you may want to check out ticket availability. Not sure how hard they tryed to get tickets either, but I figured I would pass on the info.. Hope you have a great time! ;)

Katzateer
05-19-2002, 08:49 PM
I went with my 7 year old in August. We liked it but it is very strange. My daughter is a gymnast so she enjoyed seeing all the cool stuff going on.

My husband wouldn't go. I won't quote him, but the main idea is he wouldn't spend all that money on a show. He doesn't complain about prices at WDW but he wouldn't budge for this one. So he and our older daughter went back to the condo.

I'm glad we went once but I don't know if we would go back.

Sorcerer
05-19-2002, 09:27 PM
We've seem it twice and it is absolutely incredible. The second time, we noticed things we hadn't seen the first time. It is more than worth the price of admission.

wDwMarly
05-19-2002, 09:49 PM
Hey!! I'm actually a VERY big Cirque fan. I've already seen 4: "O", Dralion, Quidam, and the one in Downtown Disney, La Nouba. This show exceeded my expectations. I thought "this one probably will not be as intense as the other ones i've seen to entertain the tourists." WAS I WRONG!! this show was great!! immediately when you walk in to find your seats, the lights are dim...already you begin to feel the "magic" of Cirque. the most entertaining aspect of the show would have to be the bald men group who lighten up the darker aspects of the show. Definitely a must see!
P.S be sure to buy your tickets in advance. when i was there, there was a HUGE line to get in and half the people walked in after the show started!!

LostBoys
05-19-2002, 11:12 PM
La Nouba is an absolutely amazing show
My jaw dropped from the time the show started until it was over (didn't want it to end) and then I had to buy a video of the show and a shirt
(since then I have seen 2 other Cirque du Soleil performances, Mystere and Drallion)
La Nouba will be dark (not playing) for the early part of June so you may want to check the dates
Can't even begin to describe it. Have heard take the lions, tigers and bears out of a circus and replace then with Wonder, Amazement and Magic but that doesn't even begin to do the show justice

imported_PolyGirl40
05-20-2002, 06:43 AM
Welcome --- smile.gif The show is amazing. I'd call immediately for tickets, if you decide to go.

When are you visiting? La Nouba will be dark May 28 to June 12 and there are no performances on Tuesday and Wednesday.

ebaynutkaren
05-21-2002, 06:23 PM
I am going in June and using my "Wish" to pay for it. I've called and tried to book it but CRO tells me I have to book at check in since I am using a wish for it. Anyone else heard different? I'd hate to miss it. We plan on going on June 22.

winky
05-21-2002, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by ebaynutkaren:
I am going in June and using my "Wish" to pay for it. I've called and tried to book it but CRO tells me I have to book at check in since I am using a wish for it. Anyone else heard different? I'd hate to miss it. We plan on going on June 22.I'm on the Discovery Magic Plan, and will also be paying for the show with wishes. The CM also told me I had to book at my resort's guest services upon arrival. She said not to worry about it being sold out. But I'm going in September.
Maybe someone else knows more... smile.gif